Feature Requests and bugs

7illusions

7illusions

A place where we can add features to be added and bugs found.

Just post what you find/want and I'll add it here. (I'll delete the post afterwards)

Features:

Implement a similar RemoteControl logic as the webclient where we select a client to control/play to and stick to that until we select something else

Enhanced remote support hook up ellipse. etc.

Expanded support of Latest in music. (basically the same as movies, showing all albums or 25 or so by date added.)

Support for Cortana playlist's if integration is delayed.

Support for Shoutcast playlist.

Social Sharing -> support the new feature

Support keypad jumplist navigation 

Known bugs:

MCE navigation is buggy in music-views

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 2

- Voice Input -> we will need a common library to parse the text into commands, but you can just focus on the UI

- Social Sharing -> support the new feature

- White or Light Skin -> Possible?

- Layout Selection - Can you change this to be more like Win 10 where instead of selecting the layout at startup, can you detect and then ask the user if they want to switch based on device changes?

Vicpa

Voice Input ? Cortana integration that would be cool. +1 

1) DTS/WASAPI support is number one my list. Great playback experience = great client !!!

2) Here is one for Luke, @@ScottIsAFool and 7 Support for async guaranteed notifications through the message hub. Why you ask ? "raw" notifications could do a lot of stuff you programmer's care about syncing new content for background refreshes, Stuff we users care about Announcements, New updates etc. Funny future features like integration with home automation and other events. Cortana could even read them to us.

Back to earth...

Enhanced remote support hook up ellipse. etc.

Record options in live TV.

Expanded support of Latest in music. (basically the same as movies, showing all albums or 25 or so by date added.)

Frostbyte's support for large playlists.

Support for Cortana playlist's if integration is delayed.

Support for Shoutcast playlist.

Theme music support.

gcoupe posted a good remote one in the forum

Better stop now... :)

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

Req: Maximize the number of movies shown under a letter before the continue/expand (...) button is shown.  For instance in the pic below it looks like the max number of movies shown is 5 and if you have >5 movies of that letter the 5th is replaced with the (...) symbol.  However, you could actually fit 6 movies, and then when you have 7 movies the 6th turns into a (...)

559ad74f09522_Moviesc2.jpg

Vicpa

Another "Please Solve World Hunger" request for 7 and @@ScottIsAFool

A playback method that supports DRM, Playready or DTCP-ip. The folks over at SiliconDust are working on their DVR. Somehow emby missed out on it kickstarter stretch goals. But I bet they would be interested at some point if you guys could do a DRM thing.

We should find out if it plays on a default win 10 install and if not then we're probably getting too aggressive with direct pay

Happy2Play

We should find out if it plays on a default win 10 install and if not then we're probably getting too aggressive with direct pay

MKV files with h264/dts play without sound on win 10 default media player, tested another mkv with h264/aac and played fine with audio.  I attached screenshots of playback reporting transcoding then directplay in that topic though.

Vicpa

Hi,

Luke I also test mkv's with the default player to see if there are any variations between the app.

Vicpa

Hi all,

Feature Request (I think?) Enhanced support for multi disc movies. It would be great if multi disk movies could show up as addition parts in the UI. Like specials. or trailers

Similar to the web ui.

559d0af5d0b7a_multi.png

Thanks!!

Vicpa

Hi,

Maybe one for both 7 and @@Luke (not world hunger this time :) ) Is there some way programmatically you can handle the loopback exception for folks running the server and the app on the same machine? Not sure what the store rules are etc. But maybe there could be a button or setup option in the server to add it.  

Something similar maybe needed for the Edge browser, not sure where it will end up, but you need a loopback rule for it in the preview builds.

Vicpa

Hi 7

I am still having that one legitimate mkv issue. The one we thought was due to high bit rate. That would be a good one to get sorted.

Edited by Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi all,

Not trying to over do it with the feature requests, (but none are must haves)

1) From the forum and me Media info icons or text on the movie detail page.

2) album overview text on the album detail page.

3) Maybe on playback screen an option to restore defaults. (just deletes the streaming profile so the app can recreate it.) Makes it easier for the average user not having to find the profile.

4) On playback or streaming screen an option to set default audio for transcode. Similar to above easier for average user.

bug

1)Maybe feature request title on the music screen saver sometimes overlaps the playback timer.

Thanks 7 !!

-Vicpa

opps just to get it on the list. Move version number info somewhere that shows up both in 8.1 and 10.

Edited by Vicpa

Xzener

7illusions,

The app has some cool backdrops/wallpapers in some views, but they are one you added to the app correct?? Are these customizable at all?? It would be cool if we could add some user customization to the app.

• Like 1

I asked before for ability to have backdrop or not on particular screens... (makes the home screen look too busy imho)

• 2 weeks later...
FrostByte

I think this is a bug.  The Now Playing button within a playlist (also albums albums, etc) doesn't show up unless you back out to another screen and then click on the playlist again.

Steps

1. Click Playlists

2. Click name of playlist you want to play

3. Click Shuffle

4. Now Playing doesn't appear a top

5. Hit the back button to go back to the list of playlists

6. Click the playlist again and the "Now Playing" button shows up this time

Edit: If you have something playing already they also show up, but if not you have to refresh the screen like above.

Current 3.2.4.329

Edited by FrostByte

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Happy2Play

The app says direct but the web client/server says transcoding, there is no transcode log.  Is this a bug or just by design?

5617312d61066_app.jpg

56173139813fc_app2.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

• 2 months later...
FrostByte

Bug: When playing music from "Now Playing" if you single click using a mouse on the progress bar the dot and line move to the point where you clicked, but the song doesn't actually skip forward/back to the point where the dot has jumped.  Then the progress bar just stops and no longer works, even when the song/track goes to the next song.

However, if you drag the dot to the right or left the track actually jumps to the point where you dragged the dot.  It also works if you click and hold the mouse down until the dot skips. 

When the progress bar stops working you can get it working again if you drag the dot

Expected behaviour: that the song skip to the where you click on the progress line and the progress bar continue to work while the song plays, or disable the ability to click on the progress bar and only allow the ability to drag the dot.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Anyone else see if "View Styles" are unchecked for a library, you are unable to select that library in app?  Set via web client.

v3.4.5.355
v3.0.5781.5

Edited by Happy2Play

FrostByte

I can't seem to duplicate that on 356.  I turned then all off as a test and all media types are selectable and seem to play.

Happy2Play

Hmm, another variable is ungrouped content types "My Views".  I don't have anything grouped.