FireTV: Unlocked app suddenly expired

Hey,

as the title suggests the Emby for Fire TV app on my (german) FireTV Stick suddenly expired even though I bought the unlock via inapp purchase a month ago.

It seems to correlate with the FireTV system update I got a day before (54.1.2.0_user_120060220).

In the app settings it shows "Version 1.0.53a Expired". On the backend I'm running a Ubuntu Server (Version 3.0.5641.5) and I'm able to play files to the same FireTV Stick via side-loaded Kodi with emby addons.

The Unlock purchase is visible in my amazon account and I repeatedly uninstalled/installed the app as well as cleared cache/data of it. Reboots of the Stick nor the server brought any changes. I also tried to "sync content" from the FireTV settings. 

My connection to amazon seems fine, as I can stream movies.

I'd appreciate any help. If you need any logs, please say so.

PS: What I haven't tried yet: Can I go through the unlock purchase without actually rebuying it? I was asked for my PIN so I guess it would cost again? Google Play would have a "restore purchase" page popping up..

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how Amazon handles the re-purchase situation.  Hopefully, it is the same.  Please try it and, if it charges you again, I will find a way to refund it and still keep the validation.

Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how Amazon handles the re-purchase situation.  Hopefully, it is the same.  Please try it and, if it charges you again, I will find a way to refund it and still keep the validation.

Thanks for your answer.

I just completed the unlock purchase again. After the PIN input it checked that I already bought the item and returned to the beginning of the dialog.

Nothing was charged, but the app ist still "expired"..

Well, today I made a factory reset-

and after inputting all the passwords with that tiiiiny remote (why is there no WPS, amazon!) everything seems to be working again.

I hope it stays that way even though I'm still curious what happend in the first place :)