Emby Server Issue

rmarcuse
Go to solution Solved by rmarcuse,

rmarcuse

I recently had to reinstall both MB3 and emby for wmc.  After installation I noticed that if I change the name of a folder it dissappears from wmc completely..  Also I notice that my initial library scan is taking hours to complete.

I have reinstalled all the software and re added my folders twice. But if I change anything in the "manage your server panel (folders section) the folder I changed dissappears from WMC.

I have included my last log files.  Thank you for your help.server-install.logserver-63571564800.txtmbc-install.log

you can disable chapter image extraction to speed up the initial scan time

rmarcuse

Ok will do.

Any input on mu other issue?

Edited by rmarcuse

rmarcuse

Well the scan has completed but the folder is still not showing up.  Is their a way to manually add the folder?  It shows up in the web client  Its just not showing up in WMC.

Edited by rmarcuse

We are going to need specifics of exactly what folder you are talking about and where you think it should be showing up but it isn't.  Pictures are best.

rmarcuse

559814df255ab_Capture.png559814ff9b4ff_Capture1.png

The first photo is a shot of Server flyout with the folder list.  Notice where it says new Release.

The second photo is of WMC the "New Release" folder should be right after Music Videos as it is in the Server flyout.  But it doesn't show up at all in WMC.

When I added the folder orginally to the server before I installed WMC it did show up in WMC.

But I noticed I had spelled New Release wrong, so I edited it on the server and restarted WMC and the folder was gone completely.  I've done several scans (complete scans and it's still not showing up).

It's as if I make a change in the server app it removes that change from WMC and the folder does not return.

Edited by rmarcuse

What is that "folder"?  What is its type set to?  What is actually inside of it?

Are you logged in as the exact same Emby user on both the web client and EMC?

• Solution
rmarcuse

You know I really realize something.  Having you guys available to your users is phenomenal.  I am officially an idiot.  I forgot that when you add a folder if you don't grant access to the user they can't see it.  My problem is resolved.

Thank you for being there.  I need to go make a donation.  I hope one day you guys really get the recognition you deserve for your diligence and creativity.  Thank you again.

• Like 2