Emby addon skin idea?

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

Hi guys,

Now that the incredible Devs have created such an awesome Emby plugin and it's working in a very stable way now, has anyone thought about tackling the creation of a skin that brings an Emby theme and layout perhaps? Maybe something to match the other apps?

If I had the skills like you guys do I would certainly look into it, but I have already tried to figure skinning out on my own but it seems beyond my skill level at the moment.

What do you think?

-Jason

marcelveldt

Yeah, I have been thinking about this. To create a plain simple but elegant skin that matches the other Emby apps.

I might actually start working on this after summer. Now it's way to hot to sit behind the pc ;-)

• Like 8

jasonmcroy

Awesome Marcel!!!!! I look forward to anything you would create!

-Jason

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

im85288

Out of curiosity what is the Emby theme and layout based on? Is it something like the web client that you like the look and feel off? There's so many great skins out there now..ranging from super simple to majorly over complex that I'd be interested to see what direction you feel an Emby theme should go in.

• Like 2

CBers

Great idea @@jasonmcroy :)

It would be nice to see an Emby themed skin to use within the addon.

Something along the lines of the Android TV app would look good IMO.

Deihmos

You can make many skins that have a vertical menu look like the android TV app. Artic Zephyr added a vertical layout just recently and it looks nice.

e123enitan

Yeah, I have been thinking about this. To create a plain simple but elegant skin that matches the other Emby apps.

I might actually start working on this after summer. Now it's way to hot to sit behind the pc ;-)

Way you Go man love your existing skin evermore, I can't wait to start testing "EmbyElegant" :)

jasonmcroy

Out of curiosity what is the Emby theme and layout based on? Is it something like the web client that you like the look and feel off? There's so many great skins out there now..ranging from super simple to majorly over complex that I'd be interested to see what direction you feel an Emby theme should go in.

I personally like the Android TV app look. I know a skins look and feel can vary wildly and a lot of different people have ones they love and hate because their are so many options out there. It is another great thing about Kodi as a player.

I would love to hear others ideas and what they like/don't like. I think it would give the designer a good base to start off with.

-Jason

• Like 2

Macburp

This is a fantastic idea, and would probably make me jump ship to Kodi on my NP. I do like the way @@ebr has designed the Android TV app and would be happy to see a skin for Kodi based on that. Alternatively the 'chocolate' theme in Emby for WMC is I think a design classic that would work well in Kodi.

I wouldn't be too keen to see the web client ported to a Kodi skin. The web client works well in a browser, but less well as stand-alone client.

The Bello skin is positioned as a WMC skin, that might make a good basis for an Emby skin for Kodi.

• Like 1

CBers

How easy/difficult is it to create a SKIN for Kodi ??

Perhaps someone other than the current Emby for Kodi devs would like to take it on :)

Although, the vertical view in @@im85288's Arctic Zephyr skin is very similar to the Android TV design, so may be a good starting point for someone to Embyise it  ;)

Edited by CBers

im85288

How easy is it to create a SKIN for Kodi ??

Perhaps someone other than the current Emby for Kodi devs would like to take it on :)

It's fairly easy to get to know the basics, I'm surprised how few people actually do get involved in it. Of course like everything it takes a lot of time though. It would be great to see some new contributors step up though and take it on..even though I'm still yet to be convinced there is a real desire/need for it. The web client would not make a good kodi skin IMO, the android app is nice but something pretty similar is there with the ftv skin.

im85288

Haha yes I did, I normally reply from the email so don't get to see edits :)

CBers

You must get inundated with emails every day :D

It would just be nice to have an Emby skin for Kodi, so it looks more like Emby than Kodi.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
maximilianh75

Full custmizable like titan and have option to play trailers wndowed and video backdrops

I really likes visuals of artic sephyr exploded