Emby Server Offline Installer

manicjonah

manicjonah

I'll admit there's not much of a need.  I ran into a situation with my HTPC that made me think that I was going to need to reinstall Emby Server but I don't have the computer on the network at the moment because I moved my switch far enough away that the cable doesn't reach.  

There is no option in the installer to "Repair" or "Change" and installation so I thought I'd download Emby to a USB drive and rerun setup.  Given that HTPCs need to be connected to the Internet for guide info to populate I understand why Emby uses an online installer, maybe the better option is to have that "Repair" "Change" or "Modify" option added to the installer.

FYI, my problem had nothing to do with Emby per se.  My configuration is a problem which is why I submitted another post about changing the Local Address that Emby is using from an IP address to a name.  

Thanks,

MJ

I was looking for one too. My reasoning for this is the troublesome firewall configuration as I've set Windows' firewall to block unknown outgoing connections too. To actually allow the installer to finish I had to create a few rules for the firewall:

- The downloaded setup.exe

- Click once deployment (dfsvc.exe)

- Lastly the random path for the MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe

Also the MediaBrowser.Server.Installer.exe will crash with a NullReferenceException (IIRC, might be some other exception) if it can't reach the Internet instead of showing an error message.

Edited by jani
  • Like 1

danswan

I was looking for one too, bit of a thread hijack but I'm currently trying to install on Windows Home Server 2011 and the download is hanging, it gets about halfway and then stops. I know this isn't a problem Emby's end as it is working fine on another PC on the same network.

I just want to install it now, and an offline installer would help, but I need to sort this problem out moving forwards. Anyone any idea why it is doing this? I'm not experienced with Windows server OS's so I suspect there's something special I have to do

55a1628249cdb_Untitled.png

Edited by danswan

danswan

Actually, scratch that. It seems WHS isn't happy if it's not set to US Pacific time?? Weird, but it's working now

• 2 months later...
tarnalcock

I need this as well as I do not have internet access at home. So I have an emby server on my laptop at work and the other on my mac at home. I would usually just tether to my phone, but currently waiting on network operator to make signal good enough to actually get online first. (Live out in the bush. hahaha).

tarnalcock

:( Only 32 bits, my windows are professional 64 

I was able to install on 64 bit windows. What error do you get? Do you have the relvevant .NET frameworks installed?

• 3 months later...
Kilarith Duskleaf

Frustrated by this and the broken updater, I created a webpage, which fetches the direct link to the zip file. It's available here: http://ljani.github.io/emby-portable-links/.

Please send me a message if you want this taken down.

EDIT

OK, so for those interested, this method will also work for an intial install (which wasn't clear from the page):

Just create the %appdata%\Emby-Server folder and put the files in it as instructed. You will find a file called MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe in the directory you copied, run it and enjoy!

Edited by Kilarith Duskleaf

• 1 month later...

Anybody know why this isn't updating?

Emby portable/offline links Links:

Latest stable: 3.0.5818.0.

Latest dev: Not found, sorry! Please see the following chapter..

Because that was an unofficial item provided by a community member.

Releases can be found here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases

• Like 1

Because that was an unofficial item provided by a community member.

Releases can be found here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases

Thanks ebr.

Is anybody able to download from this location at the moment?

I've tried through Edge, Chrome, and Freedownloadmanager.

Connection is extremely slow, and the best I could get was a little over 16MB of the 28MB total and then get an error that the username and password are invalid.

EDIT: Screenshot added

post-665-0-65635900-1455112685_thumb.jpg

Edited by LurchZA

Koleckai Silvestri

Thanks ebr.

Is anybody able to download from this location at the moment?

I've tried through Edge, Chrome, and Freedownloadmanager.

Connection is extremely slow, and the best I could get was a little over 16MB of the 28MB total and then get an error that the username and password are invalid.

EDIT: Screenshot added

attachicon.gifdenied.jpg

I have no problem downloading from Github using my browser. Never asks for a username or password.

yea because i have been deleting old beta and dev builds. they come so fast that if you're just trying to find the latest stable you have to first scroll through pages and pages of dev and beta builds.