Library Scan Config

danioj

danioj

Hi Guys,

I am using the new KODI-Plugin and it is working great. I noticed today however that the time it takes for new items to appear in the KODI library is quite long. 

I am posting here because I don't think it is a Plugin or KODI issue. When I access Emby Server GUI the new video file is not appearing in the library but it is in the file structure which is being monitored by Emby.

I initially went looking for a switch in the server settings. Something along the lines of poll time or scan time or similar. I figured Emby must poll the folders because I don't see where an event triggering a scan would come from.

Is there such a config variable I can change?

Thanks

Daniel

Edited by danioj

ddecaro

There are a couple places I found you can look. Once in the Manage your server section, click on the advanced tab under the Media Library. There is an option called Enable Real time monitoring. You can select no, Yes and auto. It does have a note "Changes will be processed immediately, on supported files systems." If this is not what your looking for, you can going to the scheduled Tasks Page. If you click on the one called Scan media library, it will allow you to add other triggers to scan your library

danioj

Thank you!! I'll try it when I get home!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danioj

There are a couple places I found you can look. Once in the Manage your server section, click on the advanced tab under the Media Library. There is an option called Enable Real time monitoring. You can select no, Yes and auto. It does have a note "Changes will be processed immediately, on supported files systems." If this is not what your looking for, you can going to the scheduled Tasks Page. If you click on the one called Scan media library, it will allow you to add other triggers to scan your library

Those were exactly the settings I was looking for. I have enabled both of them. In the short term I have changed the scan library event trigger from 6 hours to 1 hour while I see if the monitoring function works (it does say that the function is file system dependant so I thought I would trial it). I don't like the idea of my nas spinning up every hour if there is no need. However I can always implement a caching facility on that too. I think a little trial and error here to see what is the best solution is the order for the day. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. Appreciate it.

Edited by danioj