Apple Watch

mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Some may call me a fan boy but I now own a apple watch. I have been following the watch status and saw that they are going to be offering developers access to create native apps for the watch. So I now wonder if emby has thought about creating a apple watch remote for clients. 

What I would like is the following.

• Remote control features (play, stop, pause, and rewind and fast forward)
  • Voice control ("Play Iron Man 3 on Bedroom Roku", "Turn to channel 10 on Bob's iPad.", etc
  • The background to be the poster of what is currently being played on the device being controlled.

I know this isn't available yet but thought I would throw it out there as a future project. I am not a developer and haven't programmed since college for my degree which has been 5 years now. I would be will to test and help any other way's. Let me know if this is a stupid idea or a great and be honest.

• Like 2

deepseth

Voice control, as far as I'm aware hasn't been opened up to third party apps still.

Remote control and background artwork are both feasible I think, and as the development model for watchkit apps depend on it being an extension of the iphone app, it might make sense for this to be looked at after the long awaited new emby ios app :)

And if I've understood the dev docs I've been reading thus far, the app could work on wifi without being tethered to an iphone, bonza.

mediacowboy

Again one should not read forums when one is still trying to wake up. 

I agree this needs to happen after the iOS app is released, Just something I got to think about after getting my watch.

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

I like it. It's not all it was cracked up to be. I use it a lot at work to check emails while I am in clients offices.

fantaxp7

I'm still waiting for that one thing or feature that makes me realize it's truly worth buying. 

Or Apple drops it to like $200. 

• 5 years later...