Potential support for new HDHomeRun DVR service?

LehighBri

LehighBri

Wanted to bump this.  Any news/updates on how things are going with discussions w/ Silicondust and/or progress towards making a HDHomeRun DVR addon for Emby?

LehighBri

We already have built-in HD Homerun support.

Understood, but that comes with a dependency to have schedulesdirect?  Are there plans to support other "free" EPG sources (e.g. XMLTV)?

rarefc3s

Wanted to bump this.  Any news/updates on how things are going with discussions w/ Silicondust and/or progress towards making a HDHomeRun DVR addon for Emby?

Just use Emby? Emby already natievely supports the SD tuners and has great recording options. I use it and tell everyone on the SD forums to get on Emby and ditch Plex.

I wish the dev team thought that DRM was possible and I'd be first in line to support an Emby - DRM Kickstarter. I did not support the SD Kickstarter and have not paid the $60 early access fee because WMC still works and Emby works. If Emby had DRM support it would be the best media software on the planet hands down. I think one big or giant hurdle is Emby supports so many clients. Selfishly, if they could pull it off for Windows or Android, or both, I'd be set.

rarefc3s

Understood, but that comes with a dependency to have schedulesdirect?  Are there plans to support other "free" EPG sources (e.g. XMLTV)?

Which is $25.00. The early access SD DVR is $60 and is said to be $30 annual renewal. 

LehighBri

Which is $25.00. The early access SD DVR is $60 and is said to be $30 annual renewal. 

Good point.  Sorry I didn't mean to say that cost was the only factor.  Feature set is important too.  I guess I need to try it out to see if there are any gaps (e.g. supporting all the things I get via serverwmc like series recordings, padding, etc etc etc).  I also struggle to see what Emby DVR features require being a paid Emby user vs. not.

I also struggle to see what Emby DVR features require being a paid Emby user vs. not.

The ability to setup series recordings requires Premiere.

We have customizable padding.