Synology Setup

Luke

Is anyone with accented characters and streaming from outside of home or even in-home streaming, getting "?" in the place for the accented characters?

(on ANSI subs).

Its a known Linux problem server side

Iorifly

Dear, I wonder if there are plans to meet the DS413. It appeared opportunity to buy one of those. There plans? This work the dev? I can install manually?

solabc16

Dear, I wonder if there are plans to meet the DS413. It appeared opportunity to buy one of those. There plans? This work the dev? I can install manually?

Hello @@Iorifly

As noted earlier, unfortunately support for QorIQ based machines (DS213+, DS413) is not currently possible.

This is something we are continuing to look at and have development packages built.

However, until we can get Mono running correctly on QorIQ's PowerPC implementation, there is no possibility to make Emby Server available.

Best

- James

• Like 1

solabc16

Is anyone with accented characters and streaming from outside of home or even in-home streaming, getting "?" in the place for the accented characters?

(on ANSI subs).

Its a known Linux problem server side

Hello @@djhifi, All

Let's track this issue on the dedicated topic here : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39560-subtitle-ansi-marking-on-accented-characters/

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

Iorifly

Hello @@Iorifly

As noted earlier, unfortunately support for QorIQ based machines (DS213+, DS413) is not currently possible.

This is something we are continuing to look at and have development packages built.

However, until we can get Mono running correctly on QorIQ's PowerPC implementation, there is no possibility to make Emby Server available.

Best

- James

Okay. So, there is work in progress to this model, right?

Thanks for your help the whole community !!!

solabc16

Hello @@Iorifly

Yes, but the current constraints are not something we can directly address, but we are doing what we can in the background to see if we can find a way around.

- James

Hello @@djhifi, All

Let's track this issue on the dedicated topic here : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39560-subtitle-ansi-marking-on-accented-characters/

Best

- James

@@solabc16  I know that topic. I'm the one that opened it in case you didn't notice. As you can see, @@Luke is not answering me so I tried to place the question on a more generic topic (like this one is).

Let's do what you said then...(which is what I'm doing/waiting for)

Edited by djhifi

@@solabc16  I know that topic. I'm the one that opened it in case you didn't notice. As you can see, @@Luke is not answering me so I tried to place the question on a more generic topic (like this one is).

Except there is nothing generic about this thread, it is specifically about setting Emby up on a Synology. You have a specific issue, hence you have a specific thread, no need to corrupt other threads when you have an existing one. 

Except there is nothing generic about this thread, it is specifically about setting Emby up on a Synology. You have a specific issue, hence you have a specific thread, no need to corrupt other threads when you have an existing one. 

@@KRULL This problem, in case you didn't notice, HAPPENS on ALL SYNOLOGIES. I have one (1813+).

Furthermore, I am "corrupting" this thread by exposing a global bug on it's setup? Are you even aware of yourself right there, rofl? Did you even read the problem itself prior to talking out of your mouth in that manner? And yes, this is the MOST generic thread about synologies on this forum, Mr.

As you're about to see, instead of you, I'm actually trying to help and make this software more perfect and more complete. Trying to help others like me. Heck, I've even donated at this point!

Moving on...

Setting aside the stupidity of the "corruption" accusation, this is NOT my specific issue lol. It's every synology owner's issue (as long as they use external subs encoded in ANSI and their country uses accented characters on the alphabet). Like Portugal, France, Spain...etc, etc.

Do you know the word "bug"? There you go Mr. Know-It-All -------->  A BUG ON EMBY FOR SYNOLOGY SETTING UP.

As follows:

When we stream videos and use external subtitles encoded in ANSI (which is the standard encode for external subs on France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, etc), ALL users, will get "?" instead of "á" "ão" "ó", etc. Because the SYNOLOGY EMBY SERVER APP has this NOT FIXED. It's solved by converting the subtitles to UTF-8 (mainly used on English speaking countries - no accented chars- ), but it then renders direct play (samba direct stream) unplayable. Furthermore, it's the definition of pain in the ass for people (like me) that have over 5000 movies and 540 tv shows to re-converted all subs. Unpraticable.

A little reading wouldn't hurt:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/7719-external-subtitles-ansi/page-2

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39560-subtitle-ansi-marking-on-accented-characters/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39130-playback-subtitles-weird-display/?p=367281

All synology users will have this problem. I simply asked here because no one seems to care on the thread I've opened. And this is a MAJOR UNSOLVED setback for those who use external subs with accented characters on SYNO side servers.

This is just what I asked. "Has anyone been experiencing these issues?" Of course that if people fit in the category I've quoted above, they do. It was just my way of calling attention to a very PITA bug.

Given all this I think you're wrong right there and just wasted your time trying to prove something (with offensive wording) quite pointless given the facts exposed...

PS: Let me make a guess...you're from a country which doesn't have accented characters (do you even know it's meaning?) on the alphabet, am I right?

Cheers, tough.

Edited by djhifi

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Group,

I just installed the latest version of EMBY in my "new" DS412+ and seems to have some CPU problems ...

My DS412+ is just upgraded to 4GB of RAM and run perfectly if EMBY is not started ...

If I start EMBY Server, the ffmpeg process take almost 100% of my CPU...

Seems to be a batch of .MTS video "convert" process ...

Is it normal or I can tweak my installation to make it more performant !!!

MERCI...and sorry for my poor english... ^_^

Hello Group,

I just installed the latest version of EMBY in my "new" DS412+ and seems to have some CPU problems ...

My DS412+ is just upgraded to 4GB of RAM and run perfectly if EMBY is not started ...

If I start EMBY Server, the ffmpeg process take almost 100% of my CPU...

Seems to be a batch of .MTS video "convert" process ...

Is it normal or I can tweak my installation to make it more performant !!!

MERCI...and sorry for my poor english... ^_^

Is this during playback or using the sync feature or what are you trying to do?

Thanks for fast reply,

I just added the video folder to library ... and it's during "library Scan" process...

All my Movies and TV show has been scanned fast, but personal video took all mu CPU ...

Maybe it's cause by MTS video file...I don'gt know ...

I did'nt tried to playback anything yet ... just waiting for library scan to finish !!!

MERCI

It's probably image extraction for thumbnails, which you can disable under Metadata if you want.

Hello,

I'm not sure that is the cause of my problem ...

Here is a screenshot of my personal video folder scan settings...and another from TOP cmd ...

5818f57a91267_emby.jpg

5818f645e1b04_emby2.jpg

MERCI again :)

post-8213-0-31169800-1478030862_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aktarus

solabc16

Hello @@Aktarus

How are you getting on now? Once the library has been scanned for the first time, this will settle down.

There's a lot to do, depending on how you have Emby Server configured, on the first run.

The total number of titles in your collection combined with the hardware's processing power, of course plays a part too.

Normally a little 'patience' is all that is required.

Best

- James

• 3 years later...