Synology Setup

Luke

miket5au

@miket5au

Mono 4.1.2 works fine. Only issue I have experienced (with all versions of mono) is the 1st time you start emby is stops after 30min or so once you start it again it runs normally.

I have everthing running fine with the synocommunity mono. However the Synology version just appeared and I wondered if it was different in some way (or was an older version of mono).

As it is still a beta and the setup is still quite complicated (ie it isn't just download and install the emby package) I have not upgraded emby (also is there a later package?)

@@pocket

At this point (till there is a new build) you need to edit /volume1/@appstore/emby/chare/emby/ImageMagicSharp.dll.config

Change th Q8 to Q16

<configuration>

<dllmap dll="CORE_RL_Wand_.dll" target="libMagickWand-6.Q16.so" os="linux"/>

<dllmap dll="CORE_RL_Wand_.dll" target="libMagickWand-6.so" os="freebsd,openbsd,netbsd"/>

<dllmap dll="CORE_RL_Wand_.dll" target="./MediaInfo/osx/libmediainfo.dylib" os="osx"/>

</configuration>

hello do we need change this Q8 do Q16 ??

schumi2004

Which ffmpeg package should i use for Alpine architecture since there still isn't a package for it.

Is Alpine even supported though?

Which ffmpeg package should i use for Alpine architecture since there still isn't a package for it.

Is Alpine even supported though?

try one by one if none works you have to whait

Bernie V

@@Bernie V

No will not work on a DS213+ (yet?)

See the link in the first post with the supported systems https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/wiki/Architecture-per-Synology-model

Qoriq isn't supported

Damn, I will try it on a pi2 in the next days but I saw you haven't also much luck with it... Also still hoping all Synology stuff wil be supported in the future... 

Gernash

@schumi2004

the concerto2k is for a cortex A9 be the best bet. Ask luke to see if cytec will build one if it doesn't work.

@Simba 

As you can see in the install instructions that the libMagickWand-6.Q16. has been removed as it has been resolved in the latest build

Edited by Gernash

aureldelic

if you don't need transcoding, you don't need to install ffmpeg for emby to work AFAIK, just edit the install file in install package, and remove ffmpeg so it can install properly..

Damn, I will try it on a pi2 in the next days but I saw you haven't also much luck with it... Also still hoping all Synology stuff wil be supported in the future... 

Emby server works perfectly on a pi2, but only if you don't need transcoding.

schumi2004

@schumi2004

the concerto2k is for a cortex A9 be the best bet. Ask luke to see if cytec will build one if it doesn't work.

@Simba 

As you can see in the install instructions that the libMagickWand-6.Q16. has been removed as it has been resolved in the latest build

I once compiled modded ffmpeg from cytec with the information and commits available for Alpine and it installed successfully but for some reason Emby itself didn;t react at all and killed itself after a few minutes on my DS715.

If cytec can provide updated code I can compile it myself and test again.

if you don't need transcoding, you don't need to install ffmpeg for emby to work AFAIK, just edit the install file in install package, and remove ffmpeg so it can install properly..

Ow this is interesting information I didn't knew.

Will test this when I have some spare time, thanks.

I'll test transcoding stuff later when ffmpeg package is updated and ready.

vigilian

Hi guys,

I'm new here so I will do remarks from a newbie point of view and certainly from a plex user point of view.

can't we simplify the procedure?

if you depends on other packages like mono and imagemagick (which can be a good idea at the beginning), besides they are really not great technologies on NAS(here on a 1512+ from synology for example), it can be problematic in the futures if there are a deprecated function into the new release of the package etc. So can't we do a global package with all technologies required in it? the docker option is not a bad idea but you can certainly do as plex do, a global package with all required sub-package in it.

If I should comment the choice of the web technologies used and the behaviour of the install process (with waiting circle running for ever, pages not completely loaded, button not responding) or the behaviour of the dashboard itself, please guys simplify your code. I'm sure that we don't need all these and we certainly could use other technologies lighter or less buggy and much stable than that.

Don't take my remarks the wrong way, i would really love to have an opensource plex installed even if it doesn't do everything than plex does but just the basics.

small is beautiful.

Hi guys,

I'm new here so I will do remarks from a newbie point of view and certainly from a plex user point of view.

can't we simplify the procedure?

if you depends on other packages like mono and imagemagick (which can be a good idea at the beginning), besides they are really not great technologies on NAS(here on a 1512+ from synology for example), it can be problematic in the futures if there are a deprecated function into the new release of the package etc. So can't we do a global package with all technologies required in it? the docker option is not a bad idea but you can certainly do as plex do, a global package with all required sub-package in it.

If I should comment the choice of the web technologies used and the behaviour of the install process (with waiting circle running for ever, pages not completely loaded, button not responding) or the behaviour of the dashboard itself, please guys simplify your code. I'm sure that we don't need all these and we certainly could use other technologies lighter or less buggy and much stable than that.

Don't take my remarks the wrong way, i would really love to have an opensource plex installed even if it doesn't do everything than plex does but just the basics.

small is beautiful.

We do have easy one click install for quite a few different distros and operating systems. We just don't have it for Synology yet.  The best thing to do is go here:

https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/pull/1673

And voice your opinion that this is something you'd like to happen. Thanks.

aureldelic

Ow this is interesting information I didn't knew.

Will test this when I have some spare time, thanks.

I'll test transcoding stuff later when ffmpeg package is updated and ready.

Unfortunately, it seems emby is relying even more on ffmpeg, and since I cannot find armada375 package, it seems that emby will not be usable on machines using this CPU like mine 215j.

@@Luke Do you have any info if there will be some sort of embedded solution in the future for all cpu versions or will there always be dependecies like ffmpeg?

I tried installing some compiled version with DTS support but emby server just stops with ffprobe error :/

Edited by aureldelic

did the location of the synology zip move?  this link returns 404 page not found?

github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/blob/master/Server/MediaBrowser.Mono.zip

Updating

1. Download and extract MediaBrowser.Mono.zip into a folder

2. Download and install winSCP http://winscp.net/eng/download.php login as root to synology

I've corrected the forum post.

farfromrefuge

Hi,

I am testing the package on my DSM (411). It working quite well. But i have a big CPU usage. mono turns around 90% all the time as soon as i opened the page once

Any idea? Is there a way to know (debug) what using so much CPU in emby?

Thanks

Edited by farfromrefuge

mittedude

"2. Download and install winSCP http://winscp.net/eng/download.phplogin as root to synology"

I have a Synology nas ds 411j and i try to install emby server but when i try to connect step two it says can't find server, and what should i type more and root..my ip and port to my nas?

SFTP/SCP/FTP/WevDav?

@RalT

looks like it's called emby.mono now

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/blob/master/Server/Emby.Mono.zip

@@Luke

can you edit the following

Updating

1. Download and extract Emby.Mono.zip into a folder

Thanks.

Thanks. do I need to edit something? The link already seems to work.

mittedude

@Gernash

No thats was not check, now i have check it and what i do now?

Now when i try connet to my nas IP by webbrowser "wizardstart" it's very slow is this because my nas is too slow?