KODI - 3D BluRay Playback

MSattler

MSattler

All,

How are you guys currently playing back 3D BluRay's in KODI?  Can Kodi playback Folder based BluRay 3D movies?  Does an external player need to be used?

Thanks!

im85288

I haven't tried blurays, but have played 3D movies with no problems. It should ask you to select the format (sbs etc) when you play the movie. No external players or anything like that are required

MSattler

I haven't tried blurays, but have played 3D movies with no problems. It should ask you to select the format (sbs etc) when you play the movie. No external players or anything like that are required

I will have to try BluRay's.  I mean I know it can play BluRay folders with no issue, just am not sure on 3D.

Thanks!

mguebert

I will have to try BluRay's.  I mean I know it can play BluRay folders with no issue, just am not sure on 3D.

Thanks!

That will only work if the movie has been ripped as a HSBS FSBS or any of the other partial resolution formats. If it is a folder rip it will play the 2D version. If you want to play a full resolution 3D rip in folder or MKV MVC format you need an external player Stereoscopic Player.

mguebert

That will only work if the movie has been ripped as a HSBS FSBS or any of the other partial resolution formats. If it is a folder rip it will play the 2D version. If you want to play a full resolution 3D rip in folder or MKV MVC format you need an external player Stereoscopic Player.

No your right, I mis worded that slightly. It should be HSBS and other partial resolution rips. But I thought I read somewhere that even FSBS is not full 3D. I do know I had a hard time getting files to rip in that format and it took forever. I have since gone to 3D MVC MKV files and use stereoscopic player launched from Kodi.

Seems to work pretty well.

MSattler

No your right, I mis worded that slightly. It should be HSBS and other partial resolution rips. But I thought I read somewhere that even FSBS is not full 3D. I do know I had a hard time getting files to rip in that format and it took forever. I have since gone to 3D MVC MKV files and use stereoscopic player launched from Kodi.

Seems to work pretty well.

So I decided to switch to Raspberry Pi 2's which have a 3D decoder built into the board. MVC rips via makemkv work perfect and TrueHd is decoded into PCM as well.

Pretty sweet!

• Like 1