Never goes past Checking Details

stratofarius

stratofarius

I really don't know.  From what I understand the Samsung Web app and the Emby Samsung app both worked before port forwarding and now both no longer connect since turning on port forwarding.  If the Web app doesn't connect then I doubt the Emby app will.  Does the TV's Web app connect to the Internet at all, or just not to Emby server?  Maybe try unplugging the TV and then going through the network setup after plugging it back in

It does connect to the internet. I've gone through the network setup two times now, still the same results.

CBers

It does connect to the internet. I've gone through the network setup two times now, still the same results.

Have you tried a Smart Hub and/or a Factory Reset?

Either way you will lose all of the apps you have installed.

fuzzthekingoftrees

Your screenshot is a little tricky to read but it looks like the first octet of the IP address you're entering is 191, this is unlikely to be correct. Local IPs should start 192, 10 or 172

As to using your public IP, this will only work if your router supports double NATing of local requests. Packets to your public IP have to be sent to your router which then has to translate the source address to the public address and the public address to the destination. You're best off just using your local IP on the local network, unless you carry your TV around a lot.

stratofarius

Have you tried a Smart Hub and/or a Factory Reset?

Either way you will lose all of the apps you have installed.

As in open the app through the Smart Hub? That's how I've been doing it all this time.

I can't find the factory reset option but I'll try that.

Your screenshot is a little tricky to read but it looks like the first octet of the IP address you're entering is 191, this is unlikely to be correct. Local IPs should start 192, 10 or 172

As to using your public IP, this will only work if your router supports double NATing of local requests. Packets to your public IP have to be sent to your router which then has to translate the source address to the public address and the public address to the destination. You're best off just using your local IP on the local network, unless you carry your TV around a lot.

Minor mistake buuut same thing. Doesn't work.

I tried the TV's local IP. Didn't work too.

CBers

In the menu on the TV, you can Reset Smart Hub.

It's under Smart Features and is at the bottom of the list of options.

CBers

Probably 0000, or 1234.

Can't remember what the default is.

Edited by CBers

• 2 weeks later...
stratofarius

Okay, so.

For some... unexplained reason that I will not try to figure out, I tried it today after a long trip and it just worked.

Thanks for all the help anyway guys.

• Like 1