Password Problems

BeeGee

BeeGee

OK, so I have been having password problems since I set up my server last night. I orginally set up a server with my username "BeeGee" and I used my same password I used for this forum. I also set up a new user today and used the same password. I have had many problems trying to sign into my server because it will not except my password but have found an easy way out of using it by just clicking on the avatar. I really did not want to bother anyone about this but when I opened my kodi it wanted my password for "BeeGee" and when I enetered it I got an error message that I tried too many times. Earlier I did tick on "Forgot my Password" but I have checked my email and nothing from emby. Can anyone help please?

Thank You

BG

Angelblue05

I'm guessing you are confusing the two: Emby connect and local Emby server accounts. They are two different sign ins.

In Kodi, we don't have Emby connect integrated so you need to use the local server account. So may be best to start over. Open your server dashboard > Users > BeeGee - Edit > Password > Reset Password. The password you will then enter is the one that will be asked in Kodi. Let me know if it works.

BeeGee

I'm guessing you are confusing the two: Emby connect and local Emby server accounts. They are two different sign ins.

Finally, Some clarity. OK, so I remeber reading something about they are 2 diffrent things. I have an emby ico in my notifications

558f83617f281_icon.png

And then I have an icon in my start ups. Are these both the same or no?

558f838acaa64_startup.png

Angelblue05

Yes the notification icon is the same program that was installed on your Windows. When you press via start up, it will start Emby (and you'll then have access to the icon in notification). It's useful, you can right click the icon in notification and have access to relevant sections of your Emby server. If you click configure Emby then it will open the dashboard where you can reset your user password.

Edited by Angelblue05

BeeGee

OK, well I'm just frustrated now. I changed my password and logged out, well exited out and the interface will not allow me to use the new one?

BeeGee

When I click on the notifications icon it takes me here. There I have a deop down list of every name I have tried to use to log in. None of them work and I know the 3 passwords I have used.

558f8925ab8db_login.jpg

Angelblue05

ok, @@BeeGee

When you click right click on the icon and configure Emby, it brings you to the login page right now? And when you enter the new set password, it says password incorrect? 

Edit: Your new post just appeared.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@BeeGee

Try removing "password" from the box and leave it blank. I believe when you click "forgot password" it wipes the password from the account (if you are on the local computer).

BeeGee

OK Angel, I went to my user and to password and there is no password now again. Just know it is not me. I save everything just in case. I dont see my BeeGee server anymore either? I'm using the Web Client button at the very top of this page to the right to access my server right now. For some reason I cant access it now and I have restarted and configures with no password.

BeeGee

This is what I'm getting when I open my Kodi.

558f8e9b4c7f8_kodierror1.jpg

And then when I try and enter both passwords.

558f8eb821939_Kodierror2.jpg

I think I'm going to turn in for the night and call it a day. Maybe tomorrow there will be some more suggestions or maybe they emailed me a new password? Not sure how all this works?

Thank You Angel for all your help. I do appreciate the time you took out to try and guide me through the steps. :D

BG

Angelblue05

The link at the top of this page links to Emby connect. The web client via your local server and Emby connect are two separate things, with similar interface.

With the Emby connect, you can switch servers within the same account. Your forum account/password for "BeeGee" is what you use to log into Emby Connect.

With the local Emby server web client, you only have access to the local server. It is an individual account you create yourself and has nothing to do with your Emby forums account.

However, you can add your local Emby server web client to your Emby connect, by going in your local server dashboard > Users > Select the user and add in settings your Emby forums username. You will then receive an email to confirm you want to link the two.

So back to your password. When you reset the password via your local server - not Emby connect. It will wipe the password for your local account. Right now, you are trying to connect with Emby connect using your local account and it does not work this way as they are two separate things. I hope this clarifies it a bit.

Edit: Kodi only uses your local account. So you need to input the password for your local account.

Edited by Angelblue05

BeeGee

Thank You Angel for all your help. I have some things figured out now and with your suggestion I'm now able to get into my account. :D

I did post a Thank You in another thread and forgot to come back here and say "Thank You"!

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/user/40106-beegee/

BG

Question? Is there a way to edit the code in posts? BBC? HTML? :lol:

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Question? Is there a way to edit the code in posts? BBC? HTML? :lol:

No problem, :)

Yes:

5590a804bc281_BBC.jpg

BeeGee

Thank You Angel. :)

OK, that is another thing I'm going to have to learn. Things are not simple around here are they?

BeeGee

Angel, I was just wanting to know how to edit a post before I post it. I still have not added spell check and so was spell checking in word. Just wanted to ask. :lol: