nVidia Shield Android TV Not Detected As Google Cast Destination

jnot2

Blue Kachina

Not sure if this is the proper subforum for this thread, but my nVidia Shield Android TV is not detected as a cast destination.

Emby Server Version 3.0.5641.4

Can successfully cast from my phone to nVidia Shield Android TV using YouTube, Netflix, Google+, AllCast.

BlueKachina

My phone isn't on the latest Android OS, it's still 4.4.2, but for clarification jnot2, were you able to cast Emby to your Shield prior to your update?

Yes I was able to cast to the Shield using an older version of Media browser from my tablet. After updating to the current version I can only cast to Shield TV if KODI or EMBY is running on the Shield. before I could cast to the Shield TV with out KODI or EMBY apps running.

Thanks great to hear. As this will keep the wife happy. God forbid she has to take the time to open another app if it is not already running. So the easier it is for her to get to what she wants to watch the less she gets to bitch to/at me. 

As Always great job guys....

• 4 weeks later...
BlueKachina

Just wanted to give thanks. I can now cast from Android to nVidia Shield android TV (as of today's update), and it's been working without a hitch so far. Great work! ☺

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk