Cover Art not applying treatments to all folders

khodges747

khodges747

Hi guys,

I run Emby for WMC. I'm using the latest server. I installed Cover Art yesterday and love the treatment it gives to almost all my media. But...

it doesn't apply to some folders, even though it works for the folder right above it and right below it.

I have a large collection of Collections (Box Sets if you like) that are all nicely organized into folders. You can see the organization in one of the attached screenshots. Cover Art makes the covers for almost all the sets, except a few (roughly 7 out of 30 are not treated). I can't see any difference in the folders that it ignores. All the ignored folders have folder.jpg files and correctly named subfolders containing the movie files and metadata. By the way, Cover Art only ignores the Collection folder (Box Set folder) not the individual movies inside each folder - the individual movies all get the correct treatment. See the screenshots.

I have the same treatment set for Box Sets, Folders and Media Folders. I'm not sure which one really applies to my folder structure.

post-1660-0-25590000-1435430891_thumb.png     post-1660-0-38422800-1435430892_thumb.png     post-1660-0-61024000-1435430895_thumb.png

I have tried the following so far, with no luck:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling Cover Art

- Changing to a different treatment (or Ignore) for Box Sets, Folders and Media Folders

- Refreshing all metadata and images in the affected folders

- Reducing the size of the folder.jpg file

- Replacing the folder.jpg file with a different one

- Removing the whole folder and putting it somewhere else

- Renaming the folder

None of this helped.

Here's the last server log file.

server-63571011258.txt

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Keith

khodges747

Not really.

It's inconsistent in the way it treats different folders in the same main folder.

The folder structure looks like this:

Movie Series

----Indiana Jones Collection (the cover art shows a collection)

----------Indy 1 movie (the cover art shows a movie)

----------Indy 2 movie (the cover art shows a movie)

----------Indy 3 movie (the cover art shows a movie)

-----Iron Man Collection (no cover art shown at this level)

----------Iron Man1 (the cover art shows a movie)

----------Iron Man 2 (the cover art shows a movie)

----------Iron Man 3 (the cover art shows a movie)

Both folders have exactlky the same structure and the same type of metadata.

I may not be clear. Look at the screenshots in my post.

Happy2Play

I understand your structure I have my collections in with the rest of my movies.  What do you have Treatment for Box Sets set to?  Are you trying to get the multi disc image?  Your screenshots appear to be just regular folder/poster (primary) images.

Edit  **Are you sure your collections have  the collection ids?  From your screen shots your collections aren't identified as collections.

example

post-2828-0-90265100-1435435907_thumb.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play
More info

khodges747

The treatment for Box Sets is SapphireDiscs.

post-1660-0-85102300-1435437463_thumb.png

I don't have the option of setting a Collection ID, since they are not declared as collections to Emby. They are just folders with multiple files.

post-1660-0-10380800-1435437511_thumb.png

So, to take care of that, I also have Folders and Media Folders set to SapphireDiscs. It works for 75% of the folders, but not for all.

Happy2Play

It would appear to be a nested folders issue.  Emby prefers users use the Auto box set plugin over manual created folders to get all of your metadata and images.  Only down side is they are stored in %appdata%/mediabrowser-server (or) emby-server/data/collections.

or

Make and place a collection.xml in each collection to have the server get the metadata for you.  Then CA will see them as box sets.

paste this in collection.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> 
<Item>
</Item>

khodges747

I don't see why a nested folders issue would stop CoverArt from treating one folder, but an identically structured folder right above it or below it on the same tree is treated normally.

I know I can create collections (Box Sets) automatically, but I made this structure years ago when using MB2, and I don't really want to undo it now.

But your suggestion about making a collection.xml file worked after I restarted the server. Thanks.

Something about those other folders wasn't the same is my best guess.  Or, some sort of error was occurring with them.  To confirm, you'd have to force-refresh one replacing all images and then post the server log telling me which item it was.

khodges747

Thanks for your input. I'm sure you're right, but I could not find the difference. Everything looked exactly the same in all the folders, including all Windows properties.

Since the collection.xml file did the trick there's no point wasting our time regenerating an error in the logs. I assume you have better things to do. ;)

BTW, I'm really impressed with your plugin. Great work. And please note that it doesn't seem to slow down Emby for WMC on my XBox 360 extender any more than it already was, which surprised me.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Blueeyiz702

Happy2Play, i was having same problem and checked to she that i had files correctly as you mentioned above,everything is correct but im still having the problem?

shorty1483

Want to use this thread cause I have a similar problem.

The option "use original art aspect ratio" is enabled in my configuration. Everything looks fine except two Boxsets which are streched for no reason. Here is one example:

55bfc099c32f0_test.png

But when looking into Metadata, the cover is not stretched.

55bfc0e4a6ead_test2.png

If I disable "use original art aspect ratio" it looks similar. Every Cover art is exactly the same except the two movies.

Upload an own cover, deleting from Collection, move to another location, rescanning, nothing works.

Need a serious advice here...

Only related thing in log is this:

2015-08-03 18:48:26.0693 Info - ImageProcessor: Failed to read image header for C:\Users\blingbling\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections\Winnie the Pooh Movie Collection [MB Auto Set] [boxset]\fanart.jpg. Doing it the slow way.

But since installing latest Alpha, I have a lot of such errors:

2015-08-03 21:42:19.1933 Error - DtoService: Failed to determine primary image aspect ratio for C:\Users\blingbling\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections\Toy Story Collection [MB Auto Set] [boxset]\poster.jpg
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5692.35591
	Command line: C:\Users\blingbling\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: False
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\blingbling\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\blingbling\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Could not recognize image format.
	System.ArgumentException
	   bei Emby.Drawing.Common.ImageHeader.DecodeJfif(BinaryReader binaryReader)
	   bei Emby.Drawing.Common.ImageHeader.GetDimensions(BinaryReader binaryReader)
	   bei Emby.Drawing.Common.ImageHeader.GetDimensions(String path, ILogger logger, IFileSystem fileSystem)
	   bei Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.GetImageSizeInternal(String path, Boolean allowSlowMethod)
	   bei Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.GetImageSize(String path, DateTime imageDateModified, Boolean allowSlowMethod)
	   bei Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.GetImageSize(ItemImageInfo info)
	   bei MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Dto.DtoService.AttachPrimaryImageAspectRatio(IItemDto dto, IHasImages item, List`1 fields)
Edited by shorty1483

I think it is the web client that is doing that for some reason...

Based on your second image, it looks like CA created the proper treatment.

I'm not sure why that would happen though.  The key to figuring that out is probably to investigate what else is different about that collection.

• Like 1

shorty1483

Android is doing it also. Will rescan Library later. Thanks

When I uninstall and reinstall the Coverart Plugin, @@ebr do I need to delete a folder in Emby directory to be able to begin totally from scratch?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Edited by shorty1483

Uninstalling and re-installing isn't going to have any effect.

We need to determine what is different about that collection and/or its primary image.

shorty1483

Uninstalling and re-installing isn't going to have any effect.

We need to determine what is different about that collection and/or its primary image.

I began from scratch today (no deeper folder levels, deleting library and readding, new creation of Boxsets...). Except the movie container, everything is the same like the other movies.

But the two covers are stretched again, JUST when using a cover with CDArt. When using a plain case, they look exactly how they are supposed to look  :o  Seems I have to live with that.

This is a total flyer but one thing I notice that is different is the movies inside that collection don't all have actual disc art.  Can you provide a disc.png for each of them (even if you copy the one that is there) and see if that makes a difference?

shorty1483

This is a total flyer but one thing I notice that is different is the movies inside that collection don't all have actual disc art. Can you provide a disc.png for each of them (even if you copy the one that is there) and see if that makes a difference?

Already tried that. Not working :(

BTW how long does it take to create the files if I switch to a much more complicated cover, e.g. the large collection cover with the movies laying on it? Needs inagemagick long for it?

Edited by shorty1483

The processing is done as images are requested and only if it is needed.  You may notice it taking slightly longer to get images but, in most situations, you may not notice it at all.

• Like 1

shorty1483

The processing is done as images are requested and only if it is needed.  You may notice it taking slightly longer to get images but, in most situations, you may not notice it at all.

Got it m8 :D The own uploaded images have to have exactly the fanart.tv size 1000x1426. Additionally, Chrome seems to have some problems with first acutalization of images. they look cutoff but after one reload, it's quite nice. Thanks for the awesome plugin!

55c393808ee7c_Unbenannt.png