Wrong poster images in suggestions tab

diaz1510

krustyreturns

Sorry for being late.  I suppose predictably, I really don't think swmc is the source of this problem since there is only one call in swmc that serves program data and their images, so that call is used for all of our client systems and I have only heard of this problem with emby.  I have seen it before myself but to be fair,  that was a long time ago and haven't gone looking for it since.  I had gotten rid of it too, but in my case I'd blow away the emby database (but that's not recommended).  But I don't want to pile on either, so for all I know what I was seeing was fixed long ago.

I went looking for the wrong images in 'suggestions' this morning but didn't see any problems.  I'll check it again in a few days.

If you really want to investigate whether the source is swmc, there is no built in logging specific for this issue, but you can do the brute force approach which is to go into it's setting file and turn on LogAllRequestFull. This will show you every response swmc sends back to emby in gory detail.  After emby does a guide refresh you can search for the program of interest title and then look at the image url swmc is sending back for this show and see if it is the wrong image.

Btw, I am using chrome as the emby client.

krustyreturns

I made a mistake, hope you haven't started already.  You are only interested in the GetEntries command so the line should be change to:

<LogRequestFull>GetEntries</LogRequestFull>  this will give you the detail of the GetEntries command only.

To really turn on the logging of all commands (not recommended) you need to turn:

<LogAllRequestFull>true</LogAllRequestFull>

remember to run these off when you are done as the log file will grow fast.

mini__me

Thanks Krusty, turning on the debugging I can only see requests for programs starting from the 14th September (I assume thats as it's already pulled the data for the next 7 days into the database), checking through the descriptions being served....I can see the image files for all programs from the 14th onwards and so far they all look good to me.  I'll wait till programs and descriptions for dates from the 14th are displayed and will check then.

Alternatively I might remove ServerWMC again and log it all on a first time import and then wait as it might be quicker :)

mini__me

OK so I have reduced the number of days the guide goes forward to 1 (from auto) and have noticed the problem much quicker this time around.

So I refreshed the guide with full debugging enabled thanks to Krusty and for one example I see the below program information sent over:

2015/09/08 12:13:27.230 GetEntries Reply 01/62: 546346491|For the Love of Cars ®|140|1441710000|1441713600|It's full-on cop drama in this episode as Philip Glenister gets to fulfil an ultimate high-octane dream and drive some of Britain's most iconic police cars. Alongside him is ex-policeman Ant Anstead, who shows how to master these incredibly versatile cars. Philip and Ant discover a Rover SD1 police car rotting in a driveway in Essex. The owner wants them to restore his car, but with only ten weeks until auction, will they have enough time? (repeat)|It's full-on cop drama in this episode as Philip Glenister gets to fulfil an ultimate high-octane dream and drive some of Britain's most iconic police cars. Alongside him is ex-policeman Ant Anstead, who shows how to master these incredibly versatile cars. Philip and Ant discover a Rover SD1 police car rotting in a driveway in Essex. The owner wants them to restore his car, but with only ten weeks until auction, will they have enough time? (repeat)|1440979200|Unknown|3|0|0|15|178|http://i.digiguide.tv/up/1504/1429470000-184872-FortheLo-14290875380.jpg||72499|Stereo|4 Star;Motor Sport;Cars;Automobile|3||||0|

Checking on an Epoch calculator the time stamps show that is a match for the program below that has no Image and a completely different description to the programme title.

55eec7e3a058c_FTLOC.jpg

krustyreturns

So the title matches the genre, but the description and image don't match.  Have you tried searching for that description in the log?  Is this still only happening on one computer?  Do you have multiple channel line-ups on this computer?

PS 

So the Life on Mars guy does shows about cars now...

mini__me

I have saved off the log so will search for it now, good thinking :)

I only have the one computer running the various server products and only a single lineup listed within WMC and only ServerWMC as a Live TV Plugin provider within Emby.

Unless there is something screwy in the reply to the get entries that the Digiguide metadata is providing and it's not being handled correctly as it's ingested into Emby?  I would guess that's not a question for you though?

PS

Yeah it's not a bad series to be honest though he doesn't really do anything other than drive and like the cars, he's much more of a front man presenter. It's no Wheeler Dealers (If you've ever watched that :) )

mini__me

There are two showings on the same channel later in the day that match descritpion, however they have an image associated to them:

2015/09/08 12:13:27.230 GetEntries Reply 19/62: 546346625|Fifteen to One|140|1441785600|1441789200|Fifteen contestants go head to head, battling it out in the iconic quiz hosted by Sandi Toksvig. The contestants face notoriously tough questions as they compete for the chance to be crowned Fifteen to One Grand Champion and take home a ú40,000 prize.|Fifteen contestants go head to head, battling it out in the iconic quiz hosted by Sandi Toksvig. The contestants face notoriously tough questions as they compete for the chance to be crowned Fifteen to One Grand Champion and take home a ú40,000 prize.|1441785600|Unknown|3|0|0|15|178|http://i.digiguide.tv/up/1403/5806-Fifteento-13959178590.jpg|Ep36|72499|Stereo|Quiz Show;3 Star|2||||0|

2015/09/08 12:13:27.231 GetEntries Reply 38/62: 546346726|Fifteen to One|140|1441872000|1441875600|Fifteen contestants go head to head, battling it out in the iconic quiz hosted by Sandi Toksvig. The contestants face notoriously tough questions as they compete for the chance to be crowned Fifteen to One Grand Champion and take home a ú40,000 prize.|Fifteen contestants go head to head, battling it out in the iconic quiz hosted by Sandi Toksvig. The contestants face notoriously tough questions as they compete for the chance to be crowned Fifteen to One Grand Champion and take home a ú40,000 prize.|1441872000|Unknown|3|0|0|15|178|http://i.digiguide.tv/up/1403/5806-Fifteento-13959178590.jpg|Ep36|72499|Stereo|Quiz Show;3 Star|2||||0|

krustyreturns

Well that answers that, I was wondering if the guide ID (the first number in entry data returned) was somehow the same between the two shows, but your data shows its not.  I'm not really not sure how that would have caused this problem anyway, but its all I can think of on the serverwmc side.  

Do you know which show is actually the one shown in that time slot?  Is it the 'title' one or the 'description' one?

I don't know what else to check on the serverwmc side.  @@Luke Do you have any ideas?

mini__me

Title show is the one on at the time in every case I have seen so far. Doesn't mean all the time I guess, but certainly all the ones I have seen and checked.

krustyreturns

@@mini__me

Just FYI, for the last three days I've been checking my non-development install of emby on my main server and I still don't see any problems with mixed up icons.  I am really just checking on the suggestions page.  I do see some surprising stuff with icons missing when they really shouldn't be (I think), but nothing with the wrong icon or program info.

mini__me

I have a theory on what is causing this, it will take roughly a week for the cycle to work it's way through for me to see if I am correct...I'll report back in a week or so :)

mini__me

Sure it's a guess at this stage but here's what I have seen.

To try and reproduce the problem faster as I mentioned earlier in the thread I changed the download of data from Auto to 1 day.  This reproduced the problem quickly as said before, however once I passed the date of previously dowloaded data I did not seen the problem...so now I am slowly increasing the manual data download schedule, my guess is it something to do with the Auto setting, but it is a guess.

I'm so far up to 7 days manual data download for my channels which was roughly the amount of guide data that was pulled down with the auto setting, once I've run this for another week and made sure I'm not seeing the problem I'll reset everything as I did before and leave it on Auto to see if the problem resurfaces again.

If it does I'll report back and leave mine with a manual date as so far the issue has gone away with that setting, once I got past the data that had been downloaded with the Auto setting.

Clearly this could be total coincidence, but we'll wait and see.

Edited by mini__me

mini__me

OK so I've been running with it set to manual 7 days for about a week now and have not observerd any of the issues I have seen before, so I'm about to pull the plugin, reset and leave on Auto to see if the issue replicates again....

I believe that the server has updated also during this testing as looking back the server version I was on was 3.0.5675.1  I am now on 3.0.5724.3, I cannot recall exactly when this happened so I do not know if this will have had an effect as now multiple things have changed during the testing.

krustyreturns

Really interesting.  It seems impossible that running on auto causes the problem, but I have to remind myself that I am frequently wrong.

mini__me

Hah! I think you are doing yourself a disservice there.

Actually thinking about it 3 things have changed, however one of these will always change.

Server Version
Guide Data Download (From Auto to any manual day)
Guide Data Itself

If it does replicate, based on previous testing I would expect the problem to happen by Sunday....however as I'm changing from manual back to auto I cannot say for sure if that will still be the case, could be another week of running.

Will update with findings as appropriate.

Cheers

mini

Update: I don't think that removing and re-adding the plugin cleared the database out of TV data, I can see TV images for a week in the future now but nothing prior to that. I renamed the livetv metadata folder on removing the plugin to clear out everything, therefore I suspect that there must still be references in the database to the now missing folders....

Edited by mini__me

mini__me

Well Sunday was a guess, but a correct one.

I have mismatching titles and descriptions / images again. I will set to manual 7 days and leave it, will report back if that fixes the issue again if anyone is interested.

krustyreturns

I am interested.  I am running on auto and I still don't have this problem, just looking at the suggestion page to check it.

mini__me

It's certainly an odd one, but if having the guide data pulled for a fixed number of days works around the problem for me I'll just stick with that :)

I'm not sure if there is anything that would be related to ServerWMC as the logs seemed to confirm the correct info was being passed to Emby.

Edited by mini__me

mini__me

Setting back to manual has resolved the problems, so I know I have a workaround for this with ServerWMC.

As a test I'm now using the built in EmbyTV with Schedules Direct and an exported M3U direct from DVBLink to bypass all the middle men and see if there is something unique or odd with my specific Emby Database causing this problem.

Cheers

mini