Data usage on 4g network?

christoph86
Go to solution Solved by Tikuf,

christoph86

I've just installed the new Android MB app from Google Play.  Love it, great work Redshirt.  I was wondering if there is a basic guideline on data usage for streaming via the app to the Android phone.  So if I'm streaming a 3 gb movie from the server to my phone, is it going to use 3 gb of data usage?  Pardon my ignorance on this, but haven't streamed much via 4g and really not sure on this.  Primary use will be for mobile devices via the network but would like to get an idea on outside mobile usage.  Thanks!

• Solution

I've just installed the new Android MB app from Google Play.  Love it, great work Redshirt.  I was wondering if there is a basic guideline on data usage for streaming via the app to the Android phone.  So if I'm streaming a 3 gb movie from the server to my phone, is it going to use 3 gb of data usage?  Pardon my ignorance on this, but haven't streamed much via 4g and really not sure on this.  Primary use will be for mobile devices via the network but would like to get an idea on outside mobile usage.  Thanks!

No it wont unless you have the bitrate set at the same as the movie. 

If you have you bitrate set as say 450 k/bit in the android client and your 3 gig movie has a bitrate of 2 m/bit you could expect the streamed movie to be about 1/4 of the size

• Like 1