STRM Files and HTTP Streaming not working 15.0b2 + Emby Beta 1.14

TwistedThaGod

TwistedThaGod

I just noticed an issue where emby does not pass STRM files to kodi plugins properly when HTTP Streaming is enabled. I am at work at the moment so i am unable to upload a log but the problem can easily be reproduced.

1. Generate a STRM file (Some add-ons will do this for you or you may use Peseudo Library to generate custom files that point to kodi add-ons)

2. Add the STRM file to the emby library

3. Attempt to play the STRM file. it should play with no issues.

4. Enable HTTP Streaming.

5. Attempt to play the STRM file and it will fail to play.

For now i can just enable HTTP Streaming when i need to transcode my 10bit files but i wanted you guys to be aware of the issue.

• Like 1

TwistedThaGod

After looking at the log it seems that emby server doesn't flag STRM files as non streamable content. A change in this would probably need to be done on to the actual server software. In other words making emby never try to transcode STRM files and always pass them along to the client.

If i enable path subsitution and only add paths for that media library will that disable streaming for it?

For example I have 3 Library's. All of the STRM files are in one library so if i setup path substitution for that path alone will that make emby tell kodi those files are located on \\Server\STRM but the rest of the files are in \\plugins.emby\file ?

After Reading how path sub works I realize it will not work.

I guess I am looking for a way to configure emby in hybrid mode. Stream library a b and c but never stream library d. or vice versa.

Edited by TwistedThaGod

• 1 month later...
marcelveldt

I'm pretty sure this has been fixed serverside already and the server is returning the url inside the strm file to the addon. Can you confirm this is fixed ?

Angelblue05

Strm files are only compatible with plugin paths. If you are using direct paths, it is unsupported.

Currently, I have over 200 strm files in my emby library just for netflixbmc and it's working great with emby for kodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strm files are only compatible with plugin paths. If you are using direct paths, it is unsupported.

Currently, I have over 200 strm files in my emby library just for netflixbmc and it's working great with emby for kodi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you sure? because that's not how it was originally developed. originally it was only direct paths and plugin paths were added later.

Angelblue05

are you sure? because that's not how it was originally developed. originally it was only direct paths and plugin paths were added later.

I meant in the add-on settings. :) Strm files are not supported currently for direct paths. So if the user has the option to use direct paths instead of add-on redirection enabled, strm files do not work currently. If not, then something is wrong because as I said, it works fine over here.

Edited by Angelblue05