MB Classic upgrade issue

yardameus

yardameus

I've had an issue the past several upgrades.  Whenever I go to upgrade from the configurator, it tells me there's an upgrade, tells me the configurator is going to shut down, all of that happens, and then nothing.  This has probably happened for the last three upgrades.  Worked fine prior to that, and there's no issues just downloading the setup file and installing that way.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing.  I wasn't sure if there was any other files I should delete other than just un/re-installing that might help clear this up.

Configurator-20112013ce2e29c242e84c2c9e7619ce3c24ce4c.log

The next time this happens, don't touch anything for a few minutes and see if maybe MBC pops up.

There is some weird situation where the window for the installer simply does not become visible.  And it seems to take an inordinate amount of time for the actual Windows installer (msi) to do it's thing.  So, you're left staring at your desktop and it looks like nothing is happening when, in fact, the installer is running.

yardameus

Gotcha, I wondered about that.  I think I waited the last time, but I don't think I waited more than a couple minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
yardameus

Waiting for 5 minutes or so right now for 3.0.100 to install.  I'm going to give it quite a bit more time here, just in case. 

yardameus

No dice.  I'll just go through the ever so arduous task of clicking a couple buttons and double-clicking the setup file.  *sigh*...