Auto Box Sets (Show Missing Collection Items)

Tolerant

rbjtech

If you wanted to display it within the Emby Apps - then I agree - but I'm not asking for that.

I've just got myself a tmdb API key and queried the 'collection ID' from tmdb (and also in the Emby dB for a movie that is part of a collection) - it lists all the movies for that collection with tmdb movie references.  So I'm thinking, it cannot be that hard to compare this list to what's in the Emby dB (do a sub-query) and simply list those that do not exist as missing in the log.  I'm not after displaying anything in the Apps just a log reference.

I'm having a play in Python now (API lookup is all working fine) so I guess I just need to learn the syntax of the Emby API and try combine the two ..  (I'm not a developer, so this is new to me ..)

I would love to have "show missing" as an option for collections just like we have for TV Shows.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to manually hunt down missing movies just to complete a collection.  I find this same "show missing" feature invaluable in TV Shows and would love it just as much for collections.

This would only apply to Box Sets and not manually created collections IMHO.

• Like 1

rbjtech

This would only apply to Box Sets and not manually created collections IMHO.

It's frustrating why this is not an easy thing (for a developer lol) to do - because a single API call to tmdb lists all the information in a single JSON query, all the sub movies are held in an array.  It just needs a sub-query on what's already in the emby dB - match the tmdb numbers and list what you're missing.  If we did want to go all the way and list in the App - then 'Auto-Box sets' could write a fake movie file to a predetermined area, named correctly and tmdb would pick it up as the valid movie - the trouble is how do you then mark it as 'missing' as opposed to being valid ?  Not sure how it's done for episodes..

In the end, I crudely got the same result by just copying the tmdb collection references from the Auto-Box sets (in Verbose logging) into Excel and queried each one to find the missing items, but to automate this would be a great feature imo as on a few collections I never realised there were follow up or prequel movies at all ..

• Like 1

PenkethBoy

IIRC - episodes are flagged as "virtual" in the db for missing

probably the code is not there for movies and other videos - not a major change - but not a priority i guess with all the other things on the go

• 2 weeks later...
BlazedMonkey

If you folks are wanting aomething that will show you what movies are missing from your collections, and you are already using Radarr, there are a couple scripts out there already that will spit out a list for you. They don't interaxt with Emby, but you will at least be able to figure out what is missing so you can fill them out without having to manually hunt everything down:

https://www.reddit.com/r/radarr/comments/axhllg/major_update_radarr_collections_and_people_manager

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
TheFreeMan
On 4/5/2019 at 1:36 PM, BlazedMonkey said:

If you folks are wanting aomething that will show you what movies are missing from your collections, and you are already using Radarr, there are a couple scripts out there already that will spit out a list for you. They don't interaxt with Emby, but you will at least be able to figure out what is missing so you can fill them out without having to manually hunt everything down:

https://www.reddit.com/r/radarr/comments/axhllg/major_update_radarr_collections_and_people_manager

Will have to check that out, thanks!

Assuming that script doesn't work and/or is no longer available/compatible, I would be happy to see a badge on the Collections page showing "4/6" so that I know I've got 4 out of the 6 movies listed and I need to go into this collection to see what I'm missing. As it stands I have to look at each one every time I get a bug to try to fill out my collections.

Tolerant
On 12/1/2020 at 5:43 PM, TheFreeMan said:

Will have to check that out, thanks!

Assuming that script doesn't work and/or is no longer available/compatible, I would be happy to see a badge on the Collections page showing "4/6" so that I know I've got 4 out of the 6 movies listed and I need to go into this collection to see what I'm missing. As it stands I have to look at each one every time I get a bug to try to fill out my collections.

I would be SUPER HAPPY .. just to see 4/6 or 2/3  .. on the Collections page even if it doesn't know "What" movie is missing OR if it is an upcoming movie that is unreleased.. simply that.. the Collection ID listed/associated with the movie, realizes something is missing and it deserves another look.  Surely the API of the themoviedb.com "Should" show that movie "count" per collection ID? -- Of course, then it has to be able to display in Collections and work with the custom display for Covers addon. I can only hope it happens.

• Like 1

Tolerant

not that it matters.. but.. I would love to see an image of what you might have looked like as .. Young Sheldon :)  hehe  Bazinga!

• 10 months later...
MBSki

Would it be possible to allow adding a trailer to a collection? At least then we could manually curate the collections to determine what is missing, and add the trailer as the placeholder for the missing movie.

• 2 months later...
Locutus64
On 1/15/2018 at 5:47 AM, ebr said:

because doing what you suggest will effectively explode your library to include every movie ever made...

I can think of a few people I'd love to see that happen to.  🤣

• 3 months later...
MORPHEUS

Is it possible to get a report which films are missing from a collection (officials with metadata)?
For example
in The Lord of the Rings- if you have the 1st and 2nd then the report will list the 3rd.

you are missing :
The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King - 2003 - tt0167260