Customize Web-View?

Kosta

Is it possible to customize the default web-view? I'm talking about the first view you see when you click the media in the pull-out menu. It shows by default suggestions, I would rather have it show "Movies" for instance by default.

I am aware there is an option to reduce to folder-view, however I like to keep my Collections, which are not displayed in the flat folder view.

• Like 1

drakus72

I do believe what you are searching for is in the profile settings per user.

Click on the little guy in the top right corner.

Been there, what I am missing? I can only only see "View Styles", which does what I wrote in my first post. As I want to keep my Collections IN the movies list, I need to use Styles, however it would be nice if I could define WHICH view is a default view that opens (currently it's "Suggestions" and I find myself clicking to Movies each time).

emby.ch

You can change this manually and it's very easy.

>> Note, make sure you have a backup off your system.

1. go to your ..\dashboard-ui\scripts\ directory.

2. make a copy from "librarybrowser.js" for a backup

3. now open "librarybrowser.js" and search for the row 490

4. change the value from "return 'moviesrecommended.html?topParentId=' + item.Id;" to "return 'movies.html?topParentId=' + item.Id;"

5. click save and save the file

6. delete the browsers cache and cookies

7. Login and enjoy!

PS: We have made many changes in our WebClient. If anyone would like to have a look what we made (still in build), go to http://stream.ink and type in the Username "preview" with the password "preview" like blue sliders or a new User-Hovermenu.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply. Don't get me wrong, and although I find editing code somewhat appealing, I think those options should be available through the GUI.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...