MBT Feature Request/Questions

jj12345

jj12345

Loving MBT and I know this is alpha so forgive me if some/all of these items are already on a to-do list somewhere:

1. Search and alpha key title jump are needed.

2. It's not always easy to get focus up to the view/home/tools/logout icons in the upper right of the screen.  I have most success when there are UI elements below those icons and then I can arrow up from there but somehow I feel like it needs to be easier to reach from anywhere.

3. DVD ISO files mount and play but sometimes it seems to get "stuck" playing at the beginning and I have to ask it to play a second time.

4. DVD ISO appears that fast forward and rewind are not yet working for ISO files.  MP4 files seem to fast forward and rewind without issue so I don't think it's the remote.

5. DVD menus do not appear to be working and sometimes get stuck on short intro titles like FBI warnings which just hang and play forever.

6. Right now my DVD problems are all addressed via using VLC as an external player and I love the fact that hitting stop in there takes me back to MBT that's awesome but I look forward to not needing VLC for DVD ISO support.

7. Trailers don't seem to play.

8. It would be nice to have the ability for the trailers collection only be active on certain profiles (e.g. not for kids profile).

AndrewDHokie

1. Search and alpha key title jump are needed.

Was going to make a post to make this comment, but I'll just tack it on here.

Also one feature/question.

For TV shows with only 1 season "list" option doesn't seem to be available.  With the poster option it starts on ep 1 so if you are wanting to watch ep 16 you have to scroll all the way over to get there.  Horizontal scrolling goes WAY to fast with a mouse imo.

• Like 1

elshagon

Here's one to add on to yours:

9.  Stretch or zoom option for the picture.   Especially with cartoons for my kid the "stretch to inside/outside" modes on MPC-HC have been great.  My kid doesn't care about watching in the original aspect ratio, just wants the picture to fill the screen.

Chest Rockwell

1. Search and alpha key title jump are needed.

Add me to those hoping this is able to be worked in fairly soon.  I have 4,000 movies, so MBT is essentially unusable to me without quick navigation tools.  I will keep using MB2 in the meantime.

Relatedly, I would add:

10.  Ability to display more posters at a time and scroll through them vertically.

Again, users with large collections need to be able to scroll through a large number of covers reasonably quickly.

Thanks for the hard work - it is looking like it will be quite nice with a little further development.

• Like 1

elshagon

11.  Control over backdrop screensaver.  I love the screensaver which comes up on MBT.  It appears it draws images from collections labeled as movies, tv or trailers only unless I'm mistaken.  It would be nice to be able to choose which collections the screensaver pulls its images.  For example, I'd rather not have it pull trailer backdrops as they're not in my library.  I'd also like for it to pull from the backdrops I use for my home movies and music videos.

• Like 1

11.  Control over backdrop screensaver.  I love the screensaver which comes up on MBT.  It appears it draws images from collections labeled as movies, tv or trailers only unless I'm mistaken.  It would be nice to be able to choose which collections the screensaver pulls its images.  For example, I'd rather not have it pull trailer backdrops as they're not in my library.  I'd also like for it to pull from the backdrops I use for my home movies and music videos.

As a testament as to why this should be a configurable choice... I would only want it to pull from Movies and TV that are actually in my library. In MBC it also uses images from my pictures folders and uncategorized videos, which I do not want it to use.

• Like 2

1. Search and alpha key title jump are needed.

Add me to those hoping this is able to be worked in fairly soon.  I have 4,000 movies, so MBT is essentially unusable to me without quick navigation tools.  I will keep using MB2 in the meantime.

Relatedly, I would add:

10.  Ability to display more posters at a time and scroll through them vertically.

Again, users with large collections need to be able to scroll through a large number of covers reasonably quickly.

Thanks for the hard work - it is looking like it will be quite nice with a little further development.

I would really appreciate this, too. Letter-jumping and the ability to make the posters smaller on poster wall view, so that it has 3 rows high rather than the current fixed 2.

Edited by Dempsey
  • Like 1

jespermart

I would love to have the oppurtunity to select between the internal player and the external player when I playback BD folders.

The internal player when I don't need the menu for playing BD folders

The external player when I need the menu for instance when playing BD concerts

jj12345

Sometimes it seems like the screen saver won't wake up with any keys on my WMC remote.  I seem to need mouse movement before it will wake up. 

Similar to the new releases area within the movie browsing, it would be great if we could have a "Recently Added" area with more than what the main page shows. Maybe the last 100 added movies.

• 4 years later...

The next update to the Emby Theater Windows Store app will have Wake on LAN. You'll be able to wake a server from the server selection screen. Just click on a server as usual, and you'll see "Wake On LAN" as one of the options in the menu for that server.

Enjoy.