iPad Teaser

steelman1991

Ergo Proxy

That being said, it would be INCREDIBLY useful to use the iPad as a control device for my home theater. Being able to browse movies and TV on the iPad and have it start playback on my tv would be amazing!

Well I've designed the Remote page, Darwindeeds will tell you more about functionality when he gets around to it:

52aae03340e1e_RemoteScreen.jpg

• Like 5

darwindeeds

@@Harblar The main focus right now is to playback media at its full potential, But that said, remote is one of my favorite features but the server right now is still maturing for remote features but sooner than later I would like to add a full blown remote with trackpad etc. Thanks for your support!

• Like 3

Koleckai Silvestri

Looks nice... Gives a reason to upgrade our two older iPads. Though spending $1100 dollars for movie playback is a bit much. Can't run iOS7 on the older devices.

• 5 weeks later...
mentasm

IOS7 and up. It would be too much effort to maintain backward compatibility. I hope that the app will be a worth while to upgrade :)

This makes me very sad.  Nothing wrong with my 1st gen ipad, and the MB3 stuff really should be able to run on it, I doubt there is really any iOS 7 only features the app uses.

I don't really care to much about playback.  It would be awesome to use this as my interface with MB3 on my htpc.

Edited by mentasm

This makes me very sad.  Nothing wrong with my 1st gen ipad, and the MB3 stuff really should be able to run on it, I doubt there is really any iOS 7 only features the app uses.

I don't really care to much about playback.  It would be awesome to use this as my interface with MB3 on my htpc.

You doubt there are any iOS7 features are being used? The app is using all of the new iOS7 flat designs, animations, etc. It would be too much for him to do both.

techywarrior

You can always use the web client on the ipad. It's not AS finger friendly as the ipad app but it's not that bad either.

mentasm

Yeah, I went with that the other day when I found out I couldn't use anything native due to the iOS7 requirement.  FInd it pretty clunky to be honest.  I think I'll just stick with my remote and the big screen.

Didn't realize it was using iOS 7 stuff.  I though most of the reason for iOS7 was accelerometers and stuff.  Im not a developer or even an apple user most of the time.  My 1st gen ipad is my only apple device.

Maybe time to slide on over to a nice 10" android.  Shame as there isn't much wrong with the ipad and it was soo damn expensive to buy in the first place.

techywarrior

I'm not privy to the code but I don't think it's using the new API's in iOS7 but since the styling is completely different from the previous iOS versions and there are new graphical elements in iOS7 that are needed to match that look the app would either have to use the old styling (and look really out of place and old) or it would require twice the work on the graphical side to have the old look and the new.

I could be wrong tho and there are new API calls being made which would make it impossible to even run on the older versions.

Unfortunately, there comes a point when old hardware is no longer worthwhile to keep up to date. Depending on what you use the tablet for you may be better of with an android or new win8 tablet. If you don't use it for much more then MB3 then you may want to check in the Android forum here and see if you can get away with one of those really cheap Android 4.2 tablets. I believe the Android app requires 4.2 or newer so be careful of the 4.0 or 4.1 cheap tablets.

fraenhawk

Google Play says 4.0+ for the requirements and I can say that it's running great on my Xoom running 4.1.2.

Mixed environment usage in my household. Three HTPCs running MBC, two iPhones running the iOS app, one 10.1 Xoom running the android app, and one iPad running the web page for now until the app comes out. Oh, and of course running the web client at work "during lunch" ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@Harblar The main focus right now is to playback media at its full potential, But that said, remote is one of my favorite features but the server right now is still maturing for remote features but sooner than later I would like to add a full blown remote with trackpad etc. Thanks for your support!

I am really glad you are taking this direction on the remote. It would be great to have something similar to Xbox smartglass functionality there, where you can browse on MBT through ipad (in addition to browsing on Ipad and than playing on MBT)

• Like 2

Am also looking forward to this. Having to use Plex (sorry for swearing) as well as MB3 at the moment so the kids can watch on their iPads!

BTW to anyone who is waiting this but meanwhile uses WebClient on their ipad.

Instead of bookmarking server address, just use "Add to Home Screen" on safari.

Apparently, @@Luke have supplied an apple touch icon and proper meta tags on server page,

So it acts as a webapp with a proper icon and no browser UI.

Nice one, was not expecting it, surprised when I saw it:)

• Like 1

Mfusick

how long before an ipad specific application is released?  I upgraded my ipad 3 to iOS7 but to my surprise only the iphone version was available to install from the itunes store.

Advice ?

ordinarybanter

I check this thread everyday. Can't wait for this to be released!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darwindeeds

I check this thread everyday. Can't wait for this to be released!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL. Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. Right now, I'm working on the iPhone app update iPad app is in the works but it going to be few more weeks before release. I would be happy to consider you for beta testing if you are interested.

• Like 4

smokey7722

LOL. Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it. Right now, I'm working on the iPhone app update iPad app is in the works but it going to be few more weeks before release. I would be happy to consider you for beta testing if you are interested.

I'd be happy to test as well if you need more testers.

• Like 1

swhitmore

I would be happy to consider you for beta testing if you are interested.

Incoming wave of beta testers ;)