iPad Teaser

steelman1991

darwindeeds

Frankly, its not a lot of work to release an ipad app as most of the leg work is done and Ergo is crunching out all the pages. It took me a day to code up this screen. But we want to add in more animations and transitions that would make it visually appealing.

• Like 1

Frankly, its not a lot of work to release an ipad app as most of the leg work is done and Ergo is crunching out all the pages. It took me a day to code up this screen. But we want to add in more animations and transitions that would make it visually appealing.

Just don't go overboard on all that. It is nice, but the ability to run it on older iPad's that aren't iPad Air's is preferred over flash.

• Like 1

Ergo Proxy

Just don't go overboard on all that. It is nice, but the ability to run it on older iPad's that aren't iPad Air's is preferred over flash.

I'm sure we won't go overboard :)

Ideally will be simple eye candy that doesn't take anything away from the content on the screen, but only to give a richer experience.

• Like 4

darwindeeds

I'm sure we won't go overboard :)

Ideally will be simple eye candy that doesn't take anything away from the content on the screen, but only to give a richer experience.

When he says it, it must be true.

• Like 1

BATTLE DONKEY

Looks fantastic, just have a quick question. Will this require ios7 also or is there any chance of it having a lower iOS requirement than the iPhone app?

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

darwindeeds

Looks fantastic, just have a quick question. Will this require ios7 also or is there any chance of it having a lower iOS requirement than the iPhone app?

IOS7 and up. It would be too much effort to maintain backward compatibility. I hope that the app will be a worth while to upgrade :)

Airbender

well done great work , cant wait to get my system up and running so i can have media browser back , it will be nice to use MB3 on 2 iphone and ipad 2

• Like 1

darwindeeds

Hoping the missus gets me an iPad for Xmas...dropping hints all over the house muwhaha!

Ergo, your hint show be "Get me an iPad Mini for Christmas", even then you might not get it. :P

sfnetwork

It is so great in MB community that devs share this kind of information (teaser, road maps, etc...) with users.

"Other" communities (you know who!) never share ANY information like this which keeps users in the dark on road maps and generates frustration (feature requests, bugs, etc...)

• Like 3

Ergo, your hint show be "Get me an iPad Mini for Christmas", even then you might not get it. :P

"but honey, it'll be for both of us" :wub:

gthrift

The new screens look fantastic.  

I think the quick slider is a nice touch for large libraries.

Edited by gthrift
  • Like 1

Harblar

Hi!

I've been using MB for four or five years and just made the transition to mb3 (really liking mbt so far! Can't wait to see what else gets added down the line)

This app for the iPad looks Awesome, but I've gotta ask, is the focus of the app to play content directly on the iPad or to control content on my htpc? Personally I have no need to play movies on my iPad. My entire media collection consists of 1:1 DVD folder rips and 1:1 BluRay's/Hd-DVD mkv's. I have no desire to watch these on a 9" screen with, at best, earbuds for the lossless audio tracks when I've got a giant plasma screen and full surround sound system sitting 5' away.

That being said, it would be INCREDIBLY useful to use the iPad as a control device for my home theater. Being able to browse movies and TV on the iPad and have it start playback on my tv would be amazing!

Tie in a pop out menu for controlling the TV, receiver, etc via an external ir blaster (I'm sure that's a whole other can of worms, but a guy can hope!) and you'd have a helluva stand alone theater solution!

Anyway, just some thoughts. Look forward to seeing the finished product!

While I'm not sure what the main focus of the iPad app will be, I would assume it is like all the other mobile clients. It will be focused first on browsing and playback. That doesn't mean it won't also have the option to control and send to another device like MBT running on your main screen.

Very much looking forward to this, I use the ipad to watch shows constantly, since I can take it to anywhere.  Keep up the good work!