LAV settings...

Jasoon

Can anyone help me out with some audio setting in LAV?

Ive installed MBT and for some reason im not getting any audio on at least one of my music videos, ive tried every settings and nothing seems to work...

It used to work just fine in MBC using ffdshow, and the audio works in VCL and also when I use Redshirts Android plug in.

This is a grab of the LAV settings, graphstudionext64 and mediainfo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73415573/audio%20problem.PNG

Della Dog

Can anyone help me out with some audio setting in LAV?

Ive installed MBT and for some reason im not getting any audio on at least one of my music videos, ive tried every settings and nothing seems to work...

It used to work just fine in MBC using ffdshow, and the audio works in VCL and also when I use Redshirts Android plug in.

This is a grab of the LAV settings, graphstudionext64 and mediainfo

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73415573/audio%20problem.PNG

Try un-checking AAC(AC3) under formats in the SPLITTER.

ewcrider

It looks like you have setup spdif/hdmi passthrough (or bitstreaming) for AC-3 Audio.  Is that desired?  With passthrough enabled, it is trying to send the audio to an external receiver to decode.  If there isn't one connected, you won't hear any audio, and it won't play through the computer speakers. 

Also, excellent image of all relevant settings!

Della Dog

It looks like you have setup spdif/hdmi passthrough (or bitstreaming) for AC-3 Audio.  Is that desired?  With passthrough enabled, it is trying to send the audio to an external receiver to decode.  If there isn't one connected, you won't hear any audio, and it won't play through the computer speakers. 

Also, excellent image of all relevant settings!

This first of course, but if u continue to have problems, try disabling the splitter. (Don't ask me why)

Had a look in to it today, been on 12 hour shift doesn't level much time to look at things when im at work...

Seems as if the problem was with ffdshow, I haven't removed it as when I use android client it using ffdshow....

It looks as if MCM updates ffdshow when there's a new version, I know its just updated something and when I tried another film it wouldn't play at all so I decided to re-install LAV and now everything works a treat...

Well looks like its all sorted.... :)

LAV seems  to be handling Roku and android client and its now all running as sweet as a nut... 

CBers

Well looks like its all sorted.... :)

LAV seems to be handling Roku and android client and its now all running as sweet as a nut...

LAV/ffdshow have nothing to do with transcoding, which is done by ffmpeg.

LAV is only used on a HTPC for MBT or MBC.

But please correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Edited by CBers

i used to get the ffdshow icon in my taskbar when using Android client after re-installing LAV its doesn't appear when playing the same file as it used too... 

unless im mistaken