Sync status ready to transfer

myles111au

myles111au

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to sync content (music for the moment) from emby server (Version 3.0.5641.4) to emby for android (Version 2.3.13). Sync jobs get created and appear as 'ready to transfer' but nothing happens after that, they just remain as 'ready to transfer'. I have looked through the server logs and cant find anything useful (happy to post them if needed), just wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions as to what the problem might be? Thanks.

hamstercat

There's a scheduled task under Sync that runs automatically and on demand. When it runs it will upload your items to the cloud.

myles111au

I did run that service but nothing happened, do i need a cloud service as an intermediate storage between the server and android client? Thanks

The app should run the sync job on it's own without any interaction. you can go to system settings -> accounts to force the sync immediately. we will soon put more controls in the app to allow it to be better monitored by you

myles111au

The sync job does run on its own but the files don't sync. The status just remains as ready to transfer. Thanks

AshranPewter

Having the same issue, 'ready to transfer' and it just sits there. I run the sync from my settings>accounts in android. In the end does nothing but updates the text to say that it has finished at the current time. It worked just a bit ago with a movie. Have about 5GB left on my phone and it the files to transfer are about 1GB.

Edit: Thought that I'd leave some details. Running Nexus 4 with the latest vanilla 5.1.1, it is rooted but no xposed or anything like that and the latest mobile client.

Edited by AshranPewter