Constant Crashing on OSX and Roku

ipodfreek

ipodfreek

I switched from Plex to Emby to give it a try.  A friend uses it and loves it.  I'm having nothing but problems.  The worst problems seem to be on any of my Roku boxes.  I can be watching a movie or show fine, then the next minute it's on the loading screen taking four or five minutes to load.  Once it starts playing, it freezes again.  It's not only that, it actually loses connection with the server, and only sometimes will connect again.  It's very unpredictable.  I'm afraid I might have Plex again in my future.  What gives?

I'm running OSX Yosemite.

please provide the server log with debug logging on. log path is displayed on the server dashboard

ipodfreek

Interesting... I watched two shows from my iPhone (sitting in the backyard on wireless if you can believe it) and it never crashed.  So... This leads me back to the Roku app.  It crashes so far on two out of my three Roku boxes.  What's that all about?  Is there something up with the Emby client on Roku?

Does the server remain operating normally the entire time while this happens?

ipodfreek

The server continued to work fine while I was on my iPhone.  When I use the Roku something kills it.

Kills both the app and server? Or just the app? That's very important info to know. When the app stalls are able to use the iPhone? How about the web interface on the server machine.

ipodfreek

It closes the Roku app and the server becomes unresponsive. The web browser won't work on the server Mac, either. It all works again once I close and open the server.

ok. can you reproduce this again and post the complete server log? for example the one posted above is missing the startup logging. thanks.

ipodfreek

I'll be home in a bit. You just need the same log, right? I'll delete what is there and then restart the server. I'll have to get it to crash again.

ipodfreek

Here's the latest log.  I started playing a show on my Roku.  As usual, after about three to five minutes of watching, the video comes to a screeching halt and the server stops responding.  Once I close and reopen the server all goes back to normal. 

server-63570516783.txt

ok, i will be working on a change. i may need you to install a test version of the server and/or the app when i'm done. thanks.

ipodfreek

No problem.  Thanks.  I'm on CST here in Tennessee, so it's 7:00 a.m. right now.  I'm off to work and will be back home around 6:00 p.m.  Thanks for the help!  :)

ipodfreek

So far so good. I turned off the DLNA settings mentioned in the thread and it seems to have fixed it. What do those settings do?

ipodfreek

Nope. Strike that. It crashed again. Same exact symptoms. I was watching a show, then BAM! it froze and the server had to be reset.

ipodfreek

I got through an entire one hour episode last night without a single crash! I'm feeling optimistic the new Roku app might have fixed it.  Thanks!  :)

• Like 1