fix for problem of live streams stopping early

krustyreturns

krustyreturns

If you are having trouble with live streams stopping early when using tuners that are not DLNA capable, this problem can be addressed by enabling ServerWMC's new Http service and using this service to provide live streams to the Emby server.  

To enable this mode:

1)  In the serverwmc program window, select the 'Http Service' tab at the top of the window.

2)  Check 'Enable http host service...'

3)  The first time the service is run, UAC permission dialogs may appear to ask permission to start the service on port 9180 and to create a firewall rule for this port, confirm both of these.

4)  Lastly check:  'Use URLs instead of SMB/UNC paths for Live-TV for Emby-Server...'

Edited by krustyreturns
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
btgerold

This fixed my issue, but then some time went on, and I had the issue again...  After some frustrating time trying different devices and checking all sorts of things, I found the boxes had unchecked themselves apparently during an update?

It's happened two or three times since, and I now know to go looking for it right away, but is there a way to keep those boxes checked during updates?

krustyreturns

I can't think of why an update would cause this setting to revert.  Are you sure it didn't happen due to hand editing the config files?  Because if you introduce an error in the config xml file it will revert the settings to all defaults.  The next version of swmc will display a warning if emby is not using this setup, so that should at least help you catch this if it happens again.

• 1 month later...
pr3dict

I had an issue where my nexus player would not direct play live tv from out of the house (It may have not worked in the house either, I didn't try that)... When I told the nexus player to transcode the video instead of direct play it would work fine. 

Does this setting fix that issue I just described above?

krustyreturns

I had an issue where my nexus player would not direct play live tv from out of the house (It may have not worked in the house either, I didn't try that)... When I told the nexus player to transcode the video instead of direct play it would work fine. 

Does this setting fix that issue I just described above?

Probably not, since the stream never started.

• 4 years later...

I think I found the issue why only HTTP URLs work for live streams. 

Emby is looking for the TS of the live stream in the TempSWMC folder, but it is actually in the TempRec folder. Can we get this fixed?

For Example, Emby is looking for the TS file here: \\192.168.1.50\Recorded TV2\TempSWMC\LiveTV_Emby^HTPC-Xeon^0_Digital Cable_502_2020_01_30_17_25_32.ts

However, it should be looking here: \\192.168.1.50\Recorded TV2\TempRec\LiveTV_Emby^HTPC-Xeon^0_Digital Cable_502_2020_01_30_17_25_32.ts

Edited by Paint

I think I found the issue why only HTTP URLs work for live streams. 

Emby is looking for the TS of the live stream in the TempSWMC folder, but it is actually in the TempRec folder. Can we get this fixed?

For Example, Emby is looking for the TS file here: \\192.168.1.50\Recorded TV2\TempSWMC\LiveTV_Emby^HTPC-Xeon^0_Digital Cable_502_2020_01_30_17_25_32.ts

However, it should be looking here: \\192.168.1.50\Recorded TV2\TempRec\LiveTV_Emby^HTPC-Xeon^0_Digital Cable_502_2020_01_30_17_25_32.ts

Re: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/65846-cant-watch-recordings-through-serverwmc-tile/&do=findComment&comment=838242