FR - Web Client & All Apps - Lyrics for Music

thefirstofthe300

thefirstofthe300

One thing that I would like to see implemented is the abilty to display lyrics in all of the apps. For those of us who have libraries with lyrics embedded in the actual files, it would be trivial. Simply scrape the lyrics from the lyrics tag and display them.

As far as scraping from online lyrics databases, I don't see that working very well as just about every app that I have seen use it either doesn't get the correct lyrics or they are truncated with an add for the website.

Edited by DaBungalow
  • Like 38
  • Agree 1

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
wbravin

Hello all

i feel that emby is a wonderful solution for a house with multiple PCs acting as media centres. I use Kodi and freenas and install emby server and plugin. I works flawlessly  for videos.

However is lacking a music management environment environment to manage a music library, build playlists, manage playlist and properly scrape for (as mentioned Lyrics. performers and composers. 

The fact that i can start a movies on one pc to finish watching it on an other is of no use to me because if this happens i remember where i left off and if not i approximate. 

To me listening to music in the house car, phone or motorcycle is the major use of my media.

Are there plans for emby to add modify or better integrate with other solutions (such as Kodi) to increase emby's capabilities in this area 

Hello all

i feel that emby is a wonderful solution for a house with multiple PCs acting as media centres. I use Kodi and freenas and install emby server and plugin. I works flawlessly  for videos.

However is lacking a music management environment environment to manage a music library, build playlists, manage playlist and properly scrape for (as mentioned Lyrics. performers and composers. 

The fact that i can start a movies on one pc to finish watching it on an other is of no use to me because if this happens i remember where i left off and if not i approximate. 

To me listening to music in the house car, phone or motorcycle is the major use of my media.

Are there plans for emby to add modify or better integrate with other solutions (such as Kodi) to increase emby's capabilities in this area 

Hi there, what capabilities would you like us to add?

wbravin

Hi there, what capabilities would you like us to add?

Hi Thank you for your prompt reply

When I installed Emby I was not able Emby to read M3U playlists. I believe this would be something I overlooked. along with this manage the playlist  (add, Move, sort and Delete), Integrate to music brains picard. In addition I would need to sort the playlist by field of the library or sort it the playlist randomly

Loading and playing a song was not the problem.  

The main Issue was the capability to add a song (when I am listening to it ) to a playlist i choose or I need to create a new. 

I had a hard time learning how to modify the Thumbnail (again probably due to my lack of experience with Emby)

Essentially, If I am to substitute Kodi's Gui for the EmBy i would need to have it with approximately the same features and functionality 

One thing I am currently struggling with KODI (i learning  how to do this ) is to make the look, feel and content my media on all my pcs, phone and IPOD (for the Car) and ensuring that the playlist, thumbnails setting and configuration settings are stored on my NAS. In this way when  screw something up ( which I do often when I tinker) it does not take me an eternity to get up and running again..

I current have 3 HTPCs and 3 Laptops running Kodi on which i listen or view my media. By next week I will have 2 freenas servers acting as a backup to one and other Buffalo Nas that act as 2nd backup of the 2 servers. All my media is backed up and I also copy the files to each server in order to get up and running immediately whilst the restore progresses. 

I do look at a tv episode and watch a movie every night but I listen to music all day and I play my playlists depending on how I feel or what I am doing.

Once again thank for your response 

Edited by wbravin

• 2 weeks later...

@@wbravin, Emby does support m3u playlists for music. We do plan to add sorting and filtering controls to playlists in a future update. thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
JaScoMa

Any word on if there'll possibly be lyrics added where you can scroll through the lyrics as the song is being played?

I see that Lyrics.com does have an API and wonder if this could be queried for the lyrics.  Maybe a plug-in so those which don't want this feature won't need to have it via the plug-in.

Thanks..

It's possible for the future, but improving our existing features comes first.

• Like 2

wbravin

Hi all

Is there a place where we can followup on the progress and/or activation of these features in detail

Thank you

You can do it here. We're happy to continue to respond to latest status requests. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
OrozarBE

What sources for lyrics do you know of?

This is what the kodi plugin uses. Might be helpful.

embedded lrc lyrics

lrc lyrics file

MiniLyrics scraper (lrc)

TTplayer scraper (lrc)

Baidu scraper (lrc)

GomAudio scraper (lrc)

embedded text lyrics

text lyrics file

LyricWiki scraper (text)

Genius scraper (text)

LyricsMode scraper (text)

LetsSingIt scraper (text)

Lyrics.com scraper (text)

DarkLyrics scraper (text)

• 1 month later...

I would like to +1 this and also add this:

On my mobile phone I use an app called poweramp that used to have lyric support through Musixmatch.

That worked for a while, but then things started to be messy and they decided to drop support. Now hitting the "lyrics" button just opens the web browser with a google search for lyrics and that's more than enough for me.

Obviously it can be dramatically improved, but as a basic, easy feature to implement, it works pretty well... 

Edited by -FrA-

• 6 months later...
CrazyMonk
On 12/23/2019 at 5:47 AM, OrozarBE said:

embedded lrc lyrics

lrc lyrics file

I think just those 2 would be what most of us using Emby would want. But then again, those who are making lrc files for their music probably know how to embed lyrics in their music files in the first place.
In which case, scraping for lyrics would be left for something that's exclusively for it and not integrated into Emby.

Also +1

• 2 months later...
skidmarks

Would be great to see lyrics (even just embedded) at this point...

There are many quick and painless ways one can go about embedding lyrics into their music files.

Edited by skidmarks

• 4 months later...
Tristan98

A media (music) library not supporting lyrics is so confusing. Isn't that a basic function which should exist from the beginning? And it's 2021 and still not complemented.

• 9 months later...
AnlakHui

Is there a plan for music to support lyrics in later versions?Just like apple music,you can read the lyrics while listening to the music.or there is a plug-in software supports this function?

Edited by AnlakHui

• 2 weeks later...
AnlakHui

Two years have passed, and lyrics, yrics are still not supported。

embedded lrc lyrics

lrc lyrics file

MiniLyrics scraper (lrc)

TTplayer scraper (lrc)

Baidu scraper (lrc)

GomAudio scraper (lrc)

embedded text lyrics

text lyrics file