FR - Web Client & All Apps - Lyrics for Music

thefirstofthe300

Spaceboy
21 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

Cool, I'll check it out. And you can auto download the lyrics files?

yep, add the folder and it searches all subfolders

image.thumb.png.b0144bf5e46cfbb216b7b4085805f4c2.png

the green dot on the album image indicates sucess. for my test artist it found lyrics for every track. 98/98

MBSki
14 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

yep, add the folder and it searches all subfolders

image.thumb.png.b0144bf5e46cfbb216b7b4085805f4c2.png

the green dot on the album image indicates sucess. for my test artist it found lyrics for every track. 98/98

Wow, nice! I'll definitely check it out. Maybe foobar for synced lyrics and mediahuman for all the rest.

6 hours ago, Davey's said:

specially for (Android) car

That's an interesting question - is that display allowed in Android Auto/CarPlay?  Most things you have to read are disabled in driving mode.  Do any of the major music apps display lyrics when connected?

Davey's

That's a good point, don't know if lyrics Will be displayed.. i do not use any other music software next to emby at the moment so i cannot tell u the answer right now. :)

Sarakha63

@Luke  i tested the lyrics with the lyrics i already own. And i would suggest a one line improvement in your code. Just like the trailers for movies. Lyrics are often stored in a lyrics folder next to the tracks.. Would you mind looking also for what's inside this lyrics folder instead of searching lyrics only next to the track file

I had to move the lrc file next to the track file to test but it worked well. 

Edited by Sarakha63
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sarakha63 said:

@Luke  i tested the lyrics with the lyrics i already own. And i would suggest a one line improvement in your code. Just like the trailers for movies. Lyrics are often stored in a lyrics folder next to the tracks.. Would you mind looking also for what's inside this lyrics folder instead of searching lyrics only next to the track file

I had to move the lrc file next to the track file to test but it worked well. 

What software saves them in a lyrics folder?

Sarakha63
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

What software saves them in a lyrics folder?

Kodi plugins used to do that and some scraper i used.

In fact @luke its just like trailers. You Can have them next to the movie or in a trailers folder (for cleaner organisation).

lyrics is quite the same some Can let them next to tracks or in a lyrics subfolder (for cleaner organisation purpose)

emby handles both for trailers

But it looks like the implementation of lyrics only looks for embedded or file (lrc txt) next to the track. This works well. But i think it misses the look for a lyrics subfolder. And that would be perfect and fit all types of organisations (just like local trailers)

CrazyMonk
1 hour ago, Sarakha63 said:

Kodi plugins used to do that and some scraper i used.

In fact @luke its just like trailers. You Can have them next to the movie or in a trailers folder (for cleaner organisation).

lyrics is quite the same some Can let them next to tracks or in a lyrics subfolder (for cleaner organisation purpose)

emby handles both for trailers

But it looks like the implementation of lyrics only looks for embedded or file (lrc txt) next to the track. This works well. But i think it misses the look for a lyrics subfolder. And that would be perfect and fit all types of organisations (just like local trailers)

I'm gonna have to voice out my opinion about handling lyrics that are stored in another separate folder here.

It's not actually common practice, and I find it pretty weird that you're not actually saying what tool/software you used that did such a weird thing. Because as far as I can remember, all plugins that I came across when using Kodi handled/wrote to .lrc files that are stored alongside the media files.

It's totally fair that you do that for your own organisation purposes, but you should just be upfront about that if that's the case. And saying things like "And i would suggest a one line improvement in your code." doesn't really sound nice when it doesn't seem to me like you're being entirely honest. I know of a similar "one line improvement" in that case too, it's making symlinks from your lyrics in your separate folder to the same location as the music files are located.

Anyway, storing lyrics in a separate folder also goes against the actual common practice that software, like Lidarr, Navidrome, Plex and more, work with.

Sarakha63
3 minutes ago, CrazyMonk said:

I'm gonna have to voice out my opinion about handling lyrics that are stored in another separate folder here.

It's not actually common practice, and I find it pretty weird that you're not actually saying what tool/software you used that did such a weird thing. Because as far as I can remember, all plugins that I came across when using Kodi handled/wrote to .lrc files that are stored alongside the media files.

It's totally fair that you do that for your own organisation purposes, but you should just be upfront about that if that's the case. And saying things like "And i would suggest a one line improvement in your code." doesn't really sound nice when it doesn't seem to me like you're being entirely honest. I know of a similar "one line improvement" in that case too, it's making symlinks from your lyrics in your separate folder to the same location as the music files are located.

Anyway, storing lyrics in a separate folder also goes against the actual common practice that software, like Lidarr, Navidrome, Plex and more, work with.

Im not talking about a separate folder.. im talking about a lyrics subfolder inside the album. And just look at all lyrics plugin in kodi they propose the option store lyrics in a lyrics subfolder.

Trying to Say im lying is totally dumb. Why would i have any interest on doing that...

And when i Say one Line code i mean easy

Actually emby looks for a file next to the track with the same name and lrc or txt

Albumpath -> look for lrc txt file with same name

And yes its one Line to add

If not found then look albumpath/lyrics if exists and look for lrc txt file with the same name.

Exactly the same thing emby does to check if a trailers folder exists in a movie folder

But just trying to Say that im lying and saying false things to serve my interests is making me think if its worth an answer

8 minutes ago, Sarakha63 said:

Im not talking about a separate folder.. im talking about a lyrics subfolder inside the album

Hi.  The only wrinkle is that Emby music organization is entirely tag-driven.  So there may not be an album folder...

Sarakha63
14 minutes ago, CrazyMonk said:

I dont use kodi anymore as i use emby. And i dont want to loose Time to justify my self. As i just wanted to help emby with a knowledge of what previous implementation looked like and how may the organisation of users may be.. and Guess what just made a Google search image to Still justify im not a lier181010Qnap-TS251-Addon-Lyrics-5.jpg.3c4f79fa93e1e3148eb41b4076179ef8.jpg

Cu lrc lyrics (the official lyric plugin of Kodi)

And look at the bottom... You could choose to use a subfolder..

And as far as i know this was removed and replaced with an option use lyrics subfolder. To avoid people using dumb names.

And as of november before i switched to emby. The plugin was Still saving lyrics in the lyrics subfolder ans was Still displaying them from this subfolder if it was configured to

Sarakha63
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The only wrinkle is that Emby music organization is entirely tag-driven.  So there may not be an album folder...

Ok this is a Real answer not considering im lying. Thanks..

Maybe an option @ebr ?

just to know if i start Moving them.

i never wanted to be selfish as some try to Say without really knowing.

just wanted to warn of this case.

if i need to change that for technical reason i will. And if other people have the case they will too

Edited by Sarakha63

Sarakha63
32 minutes ago, ebr said:

I just tought about this.

But actually you are able to look next to the track something like path of the track/name of the music file.lrc or txt

Would it be a big deal to also look in

path of the track/lyrics/name of the music file.lrc or txt if a such lyrics folder next to the track exists ?

FrostByte
48 minutes ago, ebr said:

Wouldn't this be fairly easy though if your library were setup as "Perfectly organized artist/album" in your library settings.  I have my album artwork in an extrafanart subfolder which works sort of the same concept I would think. 

Maybe a lyrics folder can be made to work only if your library is setup Perfectly

Edited by FrostByte

Sarakha63
14 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Wouldn't this be fairly easy though if your library were setup as "Perfectly organized artist/album" in your library settings.  I have my album artwork in an extrafanart subfolder which works sort of the same concept I would think. 

Maybe a lyrics folder can be made to work only if your library is setup Perfectly

Thats exactly the way it is. And if it is i think looking for a subfolder lyrics in the album folder is not a big improvement.

I personnaly dont Care i Can make a script to move all my thousands of lyrics (around 12000)

But other users who already have lyrics working that way on Kodi may be bothered.

Thats why i wanted to warn about this use case (which is not my personnal only me usecase as some try to Say)

• 4 months later...
linus2022

I see synced lyrics in the Windows and iOS app but not on my shield tv.

Is the feature not yet implemented for Android tv or am I missing something? 

@Luke

5 minutes ago, linus2022 said:

I see synced lyrics in the Windows and iOS app but not on my shield tv.

Is the feature not yet implemented for Android tv or am I missing something? 

@Luke

Hi, it's coming. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
BenVenn

I have a question on lyrics - that I haven't yet found an answer to unless I've overlooked it.

Lyric files to TXT do not support timestamps for lyrics (I believe I am correct in thinking that)

Lyric files to LRC do support timestamps for lyrics.

My question is, does Emby support the scrolling / displaying of lyrics based on the timestamps embedded within LRC files? I have not yet generated my lyric files, but I'm curious to know from those who have if Emby can display lyrics in time to the song.

Based on the answer, I can make a decision on how to generate my lyric files.

A great feature nonetheless, I can't wait to utilise it.

10 hours ago, BenVenn said:

I have a question on lyrics - that I haven't yet found an answer to unless I've overlooked it.

Lyric files to TXT do not support timestamps for lyrics (I believe I am correct in thinking that)

Lyric files to LRC do support timestamps for lyrics.

My question is, does Emby support the scrolling / displaying of lyrics based on the timestamps embedded within LRC files? I have not yet generated my lyric files, but I'm curious to know from those who have if Emby can display lyrics in time to the song.

Based on the answer, I can make a decision on how to generate my lyric files.

A great feature nonetheless, I can't wait to utilise it.

Hi, yes we do, if your lyrics are timed the display will auto-scroll, and you can also click on individual lyrics lines to seek to it's timestamp.

BenVenn
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes we do, if your lyrics are timed the display will auto-scroll, and you can also click on individual lyrics lines to seek to it's timestamp.

This is fantastic. With that in mind do you know of any tools that can generate and/or scrape LRC files for your library of music, similar to how MediaHuman can do the same but with TXT files? 

Spaceboy
2 hours ago, BenVenn said:

This is fantastic. With that in mind do you know of any tools that can generate and/or scrape LRC files for your library of music, similar to how MediaHuman can do the same but with TXT files? 

read this thread fully. foobar2000 plus the openlyrics plugin. there's some other hints on config in this thread too

• Like 1

BenVenn
2 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

read this thread fully. foobar2000 plus the openlyrics plugin. there's some other hints on config in this thread too

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to report back with the results of my testing.

Turns out the OpenLyrics plugin in foobar2000 didn't work all that well for me, but the Lyric Show Panel 3 plugin did when used in conjunction with an extra plugin that allows it to search extra sources.

Lyric Show Panel 3: foobar2000: Components Repository - Lyric Show Panel 3

Additional sources plugin: [Lyric Show Panel 3] lyrics from genius, musixmatch, minilyrics, qq, darklyrics, etc.. : foobar2000 (reddit.com)

After configuring Lyric Show Panel 3:

image.png.4f9f925ec96e42c002d61b20be373053.png

image.png.e12deb5f8901bf6a24ebcf40f113c4c2.png

The Result :)

image.png.8af05d9ab1de00b5295e057238b030e2.png

I hope this helps people looking for synced LRCs until perhaps such a time as there is a native solution.

On 15/06/2022 at 04:09, Luke said:

Hi, it's coming. Thanks.

Also very much looking forward for the lyrics feature to come to Android TV :)

Edited by BenVenn
  • Thanks 4

• 2 months later...
JuJuJurassic

I run emby on ubuntu, but with  If I added a smb share, can I cofirm there's no reason this wouldn't work with a windows box running foobar with the plugins, to add the LRC files to the smb share and hence the library.

One question I've already run lyrics finder, and generated the .txt files, will Ihave to delete these?

any guidace would be apprechiated, thanks 🙂

5 minutes ago, JuJuJurassic said:

I run emby on ubuntu, but with  If I added a smb share, can I cofirm there's no reason this wouldn't work with a windows box running foobar with the plugins, to add the LRC files to the smb share and hence the library.

One question I've already run lyrics finder, and generated the .txt files, will Ihave to delete these?

any guidace would be apprechiated, thanks 🙂

Delete them for what reason?