'Play To' not working

Lanstrom

Lanstrom

I am using an Android Tablet running Kodi 14.2 connected to the latest stable Emby server.

It connects to Emby perfectly and I can play any videos on it locally but if I press the contextual menu (on any video) and then go to 'Play To' (or is it 'Play With') and then select any DLNA player/renderer on my network it will not work (takes a minute to think about it and then says Failed to Play).

Just a note:  If I use the Emby app on the same Android tablet to do the same thing it plays perfectly on ANY of my DLNA players (TV / XBOX ONE or AppleTV running Kodi).

Further note:  It will play to any DNLA device if I try to play a local file from Kodi on the tablet its only those served up by Emby server that dont work.

Does anyone else have this problem ?

Thanks.

Lanstrom

That would be a shame if not.  My only reason for wanting to do this is that I was using the built in DLNA player of my Samsung TV but it doesn't mark the videos as Watched once I have seen them.  

My idea was to use Kodi to push the video to the TV so that Kodi will update Emby with the Watched status.

I will see if I can grab the logs when I get home.

Vidman

I don't see how casting to dlna from kodi would be any different than casting from the web client or android mobile app. Why don't you try to find out why play via dlna is not marking videos as watched instead?

Lanstrom

I don't see how casting to dlna from kodi would be any different than casting from the web client or android mobile app. Why don't you try to find out why play via dlna is not marking videos as watched instead?

I assumed (wrongly?) that my Samsung TV would not mark the video as watched when I use the built-in DLNA player when accessing content from Emby ?  Is it supposed to mark as watched ?

If I were to swap to using the Xbox One (built in DLNA Media Player) to access the contect would this mark them as Watched ?  I am not at home at the moment so I cant test it.