Launching VLC in Windows

TheRealPapa

TheRealPapa

Hi all,

I have been using Media browser for a long time now, and just came across EMBY 2 days ago so I installed it. I am running FreeNAS with emby plugin for my media library, and have installed emby client for Media Center for my theater PC. It is running Win 7 up-to-date in terms of updates.

Just like the old Media Browser, I access and configure emby via the separate application that comes the emby download. I add external player, set it up as GENERAL (I have the latest version of VLC) and then I find VLC in my Program Files (x86) directory.

Path, I left as default {0} at first, then when trying to get it to work, changed it to {Path} as indicated in one of the forums.

The server has each media share available via CIFS as a Windows share which my Win 7 Media Center PC has set up as permanent connections.

All this worked fine with the previous Media Browser (plugin in FreeNAS and MB in Win 7 Media Center). Now, when i select and play a movie from the MB client it defaults to the Media Center player and not VLC. I get no errors, it just refuses to start.

I can find very little on this problem so I assume I have screwed something basic up. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

TheRealPapa

Anybody, anybody, Bueller, Bueller... what am I doing wrong guys??? 

Edited by TheRealPapa

TheRealPapa

Hi Kodi, thanks. I have seen this entry in the forum but it did not help me.

Is the Emby the Media Center TV App (http://emby.media/download/) browser based? I thought it was a Media Center plug in. It comes with Emby Configuration app on install so that I can point to an external player. Why would it bother to install this if it was never going to work.

This is exactly as I had the PC set up with the old Win MCE MB plugin,  prior to this upgrade. What is the app I download at my Win 7 PC that can access my FreeNAS for the libraries and lets me play the content in VLC? Did I download the wrong app?

Thanks! 

CBers

The settings in the web client for VLC are purely that, the web client.

To use VLC with EMC (old name was Media Browser Classic, or MBC), there should be an option within the GUI itself, or a stand-alone program called CONFIGURATOR.

I'm not in front of my MBC/EMC at the moment, so can't assist further.

TheRealPapa

Yes Vidman correct. It is the me client and (since I have been using mb for a long time) I am aware of the configuration which I have already set up to point to vic (like with old mb).

• 4 months later...