Deleteing recorded shows

drakus72

drakus72

There used to be an option to delete the recording, now there isn't one. Any ideas? I have the delete option enabled.

I do have an option to delete my regular shows, just not the ones that serverwmc recorded.

plugin ver: 1.0.0.61

serverwmc ver: 1.0.0.58 build 1199

krustyreturns

Yeah, I confirm there is no delete button on any of my recordings too.  There really should be no difference between stuff recorded by wmc or by emby/swmc since the windows recording service does both recordings.  Maybe its the recording date that is making the difference.  All of the recordings on my test machine are not delete-able in emby.

drakus72

I think, but I am unsure off hand until I can look, that my roku & amazon fire tv can delete them. I will have to double check when I get home from work if I am not to exhausted from umpiring a double header tonight.

Edited by drakus72

krustyreturns

I was just using chrome on the same machine that is running emby and serverwmc, and I was not getting an option to delete.

check that your user has delete privileges. it's not supposed to be tied to that - giving them permission to mange live tv is enough. but maybe that's what's happening

krustyreturns

@@Luke, I enabled 'allow media deletion' in the user settings, but it made no difference.

Edited by krustyreturns

drakus72

Sorry for the delay, I have confirmed that they cannot be deleted from either a Roku or Amazon Fire or Android TV. I have tried removing access to delete media and to live tv, stil nothing. my main account in the server has full access to everything.

I have tied changing permissions on the folder as well and that didn't help any either.

Any other ideas? It is a pain going into MC to delete them or opening the drive to delete them.

those apps just haven't added delete functions to their user interfaces yet. if you head over to their areas and request them it will help us gauge the demand for them.

Vidman

Will do that, but what about the emby interface via browser? Any ideas on that?

You said you removed access to delete media, surely you mean you allowed access to delete media right?

i just tested to verify - the delete media setting doesn't matter. they just need the ability to manage live tv recordings. i can see the delete recording button in the web interface on the recording detail page.

drakus72

You said you removed access to delete media, surely you mean you allowed access to delete media right?

Yes removed and readded, no button.

drakus72

i just tested to verify - the delete media setting doesn't matter. they just need the ability to manage live tv recordings. i can see the delete recording button in the web interface on the recording detail page.

Can delete the recordings (schedule) but not the actual show. See attached558816cf38761_1.jpg

drakus72

@@krustyreturns I do not see it in any browser except firefox. 

If i install NextPVR, I see it. I am not a huge fan of nextpvr. like WMC for some unknown reason.55883142b7f5b_2.jpg

I am going to have to go and look as to why it isn't showing in chrome. has to be some sort of css problem is my guess. but if that is true, that it shouldn't be showing with next pvr installed, unless each plugin has it's own css for the buttons.

Does any one know?

Take that back, not seeing Firefox either.

Edited by drakus72

drakus72

I noticed in the code for some reason the sync button is hidden 

<a class="btnSync hide" data-role="button" data-icon="refresh" data-inline="true" data-mini="true" href="#">Sync</a> <span id="deleteButtonContainer" style="display:none"> <button id="btnDelete" type="button" data-icon="delete" data-inline="true" data-mini="true">Delete</button> </span></div><div data-role="content"><div class="detailPageContent"><div id="detailsSection" class="detailSection"><div class="detailSectionHeader" style="margin-top:0">Details</div><div class="detailSectionContent" style="padding:0 1em"><p class="recordingStatus">

you see btnSync hide, remove hide and sync appears appears.

main account is able to sync and has full access..

and it isn't hiding the delete button.

EDIT:

Found the code hiding he delete button

<span id="deleteButtonContainer" style="display:none"> <button id="btnDelete" type="button" data-icon="delete" data-inline="true" data-mini="true" class=" ui-btn ui-icon-delete ui-btn-icon-left ui-btn-inline ui-shadow ui-corner-all ui-mini">Delete</button> </span>

If you remove the style="display:none" the button appears. 

Temp Fix

Open Scripts/LiveRecordings.js and look for

if (item.CanDelete) {
            $('#deleteButtonContainer', page).show();
        } else {
            $('#deleteButtonContainer', page).hide();
        }

and change to

if (item.CanDelete) {
        } else {
        } 
Edited by drakus72

drakus72

@@krustyreturns, I wish I could tell you. When I get home from work, I am going to try to research it more. I want to see what the difference is, if any, between them 2.

Also if you look at the pics, when under nextpvr you get color buttons, under chrome you don't.

Watching it in developer tools with a ctrl F5 refresh no matter how you change it it reverts back in chrome while under ServerWMC unless you change the js file.

Do you know which file is reading the user settings off hand?

PS: This happens on stable/beta/developer builds.

drakus72

I think I found it, not sure yet. Can't do anything tonight, umpiring a baseball game. Tomorrow will dig more into it and verify my findings and post here for verification.

drakus72

@@krustyreturns I am not sure, but I think the most recent update on the dev chanel fixed it.

What I thought was it wasn't it and when I upgrade to current dev, it worked like it should like it should.

• Like 1