Yotengrit

Yotengrit

Dear forum!

I'm planning to upgrade my WDTV Live with a custom firmware for extra features and possibilities.

But before I do it, I wish to ask around if anyone tried to use it with Emby server at all?

Will it cooperate with DLNA DirectPlay?

Since even the official firmware is also act out with DirectPlay sometimes.

Thanks in advance!

Cerothen

Dear forum!

I'm planning to upgrade my WDTV Live with a custom firmware for extra features and possibilities.

But before I do it, I wish to ask around if anyone tried to use it with Emby server at all?

Will it cooperate with DLNA DirectPlay?

Since even the official firmware is also act out with DirectPlay sometimes.

Thanks in advance!

I had some WDTV Live (3rd Gen) and after a short while of fighting with it decided to change them out for Raspberry Pi 2s with openelec/Kodi and haven't looked back.

My original setup was bubbleUPNP to control, WDTV to render and Serviio to serve the content. However in transitioning to Emby it didn't really work any more so I switched to something that worked better with Emby.

Yotengrit

I had some WDTV Live (3rd Gen) and after a short while of fighting with it decided to change them out for Raspberry Pi 2s with openelec/Kodi and haven't looked back.

My original setup was bubbleUPNP to control, WDTV to render and Serviio to serve the content. However in transitioning to Emby it didn't really work any more so I switched to something that worked better with Emby.

Yeah, I also thinking about upgrading it to something more powerful/smarter box. Maybe a RB 2 or a Minix. I just dont know If I should risk the playback issues.

Yotengrit

OSMC running on a RPi2 with the Kodi for Emby Addon works well.

@@scalda has several RPi2's running it.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/22498-raspberry-pi-2-with-emby/

Hmm, I planning to upgrade to a Raspberry Pi 2  (OpenElec or SOMC) with Kodi. One more question If you dont mind:

Should I get a separate remote control with a IR receiver for it, or HDMI-CEC should work with it?

Thanks again!