M4A / AAC Direct Play without transcoding through webinterface

1ch_h4lt

1ch_h4lt

Hey guys!

Really nice work you have done so far!

I would like to play my music (a lot of it is encoded as m4a) with the webinterface and without transcoding (my nas is not fast enought)

Is it possible to implement this in a feature Release?

Greets, 1ch_h4lt

FrostByte

How do you get it to not transcode?  I too am seeing all my wma files transcoded to 192 kbs mp3 files in the webclient, but not other clients.

like every other app it direct streams what the device supports. so check the supported format list for your browser of choice.

FrostByte

Ok, I'm using IE11 so thought it would support wma.  I'll check the list  Thanks

1ch_h4lt

Very intresting,

I was traying it on Safari ios And that didn't worked. Thougt at least Apple Can handle it :-/

• 1 month later...
silvanet

Sorry, I'm looking all over the forums for help on why my client can't play any of my videos. I don't know exactly what section I should be asking in, but everything works fine on the same machine the server is installed on. A client computer can log in OK in my home network, but it can't play any videos. There must be something obvious that I'm missing.

what exactly is the problem? keep in mind the mobile web client cannot autoplay video, so once you click the play button on the page, you then also have to click the play button on the player.

Vidman

Sorry, I'm looking all over the forums for help on why my client can't play any of my videos. I don't know exactly what section I should be asking in, but everything works fine on the same machine the server is installed on. A client computer can log in OK in my home network, but it can't play any videos. There must be something obvious that I'm missing.

What client is it?