Raspberry Pi 2 with emby

SPL150JB

Deihmos

I found that addon horrible using the browser. There is no surround sound. Ok I was just wondering why one would chose a pi over other devices that offer a lot more.

Deihmos

I just got 

ok that explains it. that article is correct but its comparing the 1st pi. Not the pi2. The pi2 is a totally different story.

I just purchased an Android TV got it on sale for 60 and I had a 10 coupon to knock it down to 50.Kodi on it is as smooth as using Kodi on my i3 device and I can jump to different apps without having to reload. plus it can play back copy once cable channels. Wireless AC and chromecast included and it even works with the TV remote. it makes an awesome media box.  I am impressed.

Edited by Deihmos

xnappo

That is cool.  I didn't know you could change apps without losing state.

Deihmos

It pauses the video if I leave. I was able to jump to netflix and back and the video was paused in kodi. I will replace the htpc with it. My wife was getting frustrated using the pc and smart tv functions. 

xnappo

How does is do with direct playback?  Do you have to transcode anything?

Deihmos

Nothing transcodes in kodi but the emby player was transcoding everything. DD and DTS bitstreamed to my receiver just fine. If I disable bitstreaming it played back just fine on the TV.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...