Support for Smart Playlists?

smidley
Go to solution Solved by smidley,

smidley

I used to use smart playlists in Kodi, but switching over to the Emby database broke that functionality.  I make a smart playlist item called Kids movies, with rules that say only list movies with a G or PG rating.  When clicking on the playlist, nothing is listed with the Emby database.  Is it possible to add this functionality?

Angelblue05

The functionality is already there? Are you sure you set it correctly? You talking about making a Kodi Smart playlist, correct? Just make sure "item must match" is set accordingly (if you have more than one rule)

5580f8b10355e_screenshot005.png

Edited by Angelblue05

smidley

I verified that all the settings are correct, but it still doesn't work.  Is this function working for you?

Angelblue05

Yes it is :) With the playlist created above, this is what comes up:

55811753ebf83_screenshot007.png

What rules are you setting exactly? If you want, you can take a screenshot instead via the Emby webclient, selecting the Kodi device > remote control > controls > Take Screenshot (last button on the list - camera)

• Solution
smidley

I figured out the issue.  Playlists with MPAA ratings used to have to say "Rated G" or "Rated PG".  Now they just have to say "G" or "PG".  Problem solved.  :)

• Like 2