Emby Gaming Club

CBers

CBers

A gaming club as well !!

RULES:

1. THERE IS NO GAME CLUB

2. NO SPOILERS

3. GIVE OVERALL EXPERIENCE FELT ABOUT THE GAME (how it made you feel)

4. YOU MAY GIVE COMPARISONS TO OTHER GAMES

5. GIVE A SCORE OUT OF 10

6. PERHAPS SUPPLY ANY LINK TO THE GAME.

Thanks for joining.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Good day,

I wish this will be good reference for whom (like me) want to return back (some time when have free time) to play a game or so.

I hope it will have details / update links for the type of games using, as well personals settings sharing for optimize play matters.

My best

• Like 1

shaefurr

I have this bad habit of starting a game, getting half done then starting another. I probably have like 40 games going right now I still haven't finished :P

Last 2 I started were a platformer Ori and the Blind Forest and an RPG UnEpic. Id say im 10-20% into both and id already recommend them to anyone. Post back when I "maybe" finish them for an actual review lol

shaefurr

Anyone here playing Hearthstone?

I do here and there, probably play it a lot more if I had an android or ipad device to play it on though.

Scott84Z28

I don't get to game very often, so I'm usually a few years behind the latest titles, but the last three games I played through were Tomb Raider, Dishonored, and Far Cry 3.  I generally go for games with a cinematic storyline and that aren't too long (15-20 hours).  All three did the cinematics perfectly, especially Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3.

My favorite all time "kill a few minutes" game though has to be Just Cause 2.  The single player story was fun, but just goofing around by yourself or in the multiplayer mod is fun.  I mean, what other game can you attach someone to a propane tank, shot the tank, and watch both fly through the sky. ;)   Add all the mods in the multiplayer portion, and the game gets even crazier. 

I just picked up Alien Isolation on the steam sale, so I hope to give a try in the next few weeks.  Wish I could try it on the Oculus!

swhitmore

I do here and there, probably play it a lot more if I had an android or ipad device to play it on though.

It's great fun on a tablet, and free! The new tavern brawl is good fun. What's your ID?

shaefurr

It's great fun on a tablet, and free! The new tavern brawl is good fun. What's your ID?

Yeah, really wish I had one to play it on lol, its Shaefurr#1688

AdrianW

I haven't played any games in quite a long time - but I couldn't resist picking up the Lego Jurassic World game on Steam (cheap at AU$23) - damn, that's a fun game to play.

It has content from all four movies and they've used voices extracted from the movies. The big set pieces are really well done - I especially loved the stampeding raptors scene from the first movie - with the characters coming towards the camera.

xnappo

Recently finished Dragon Age: Inquisition - definitely an awesome, if long game.

Playing Alien: Isolation now (slowly).  If you are a fan it is a must-play.

xnappo

Overseer

I have this bad habit of starting a game, getting half done then starting another. I probably have like 40 games going right now I still haven't finished :P

This... +1.  I've so many Lego games for the XBox but never get around to finishing them.  I would have to say the only game I've finished would be Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time and that was when the N64 came out.  :P

Anyone here playing Hearthstone?

I played for a little bit, but that was only to get the mount for WoW.  I am more into WoW and play that on a regular basis.

swhitmore

Yeah, really wish I had one to play it on lol, its Shaefurr#1688

Cool mine is Vanko#1154

• 2 weeks later...
shaefurr

Anyone else happen to be in the Star Wars Battlefront closed alpha? To be honest I never really cared for the first 2 games, At the time I was a big on competitive DM in Quake 2 so found battlefront a bit lame.

Anyway, visually it has to be the best looking star wars game to date, standing next to an AT-AT on Hoth you really get a feeling of scale. The landscapes just look amazing, and all the blaster and particle effects are done very well. If you ever wanted to be in a star wars battle, this would be the one you waited for. Gameplay wise its pretty fun, actually kind of a nice break from modern FPS games which are mostly all military aim/shoot type deal. I had suspicions DICE would basically make battlefield with a star wars theme, but the gameplay is completely different. Only a couple map in the alpha and nothing to unlock, but overall id say it looks very good.

• Like 2

DigiTM

Anyone else happen to be in the Star Wars Battlefront closed alpha? To be honest I never really cared for the first 2 games, At the time I was a big on competitive DM in Quake 2 so found battlefront a bit lame.

Anyway, visually it has to be the best looking star wars game to date, standing next to an AT-AT on Hoth you really get a feeling of scale. The landscapes just look amazing, and all the blaster and particle effects are done very well. If you ever wanted to be in a star wars battle, this would be the one you waited for. Gameplay wise its pretty fun, actually kind of a nice break from modern FPS games which are mostly all military aim/shoot type deal. I had suspicions DICE would basically make battlefield with a star wars theme, but the gameplay is completely different. Only a couple map in the alpha and nothing to unlock, but overall id say it looks very good.

Interested in this but play in the loungeroom on my PC with a controller.  Does this finally have proper controller support where it even has controller prompts on screen.  Battlefield in the past supported controller but it was weird when it said "press e" with a controller plugged in.

shaefurr

Interested in this but play in the loungeroom on my PC with a controller.  Does this finally have proper controller support where it even has controller prompts on screen.  Battlefield in the past supported controller but it was weird when it said "press e" with a controller plugged in.

I play in my living room to but use a custom tray for a keyboard/mouse. Good question though ill try my controller tonight and let you know.

swhitmore

The leaked footage looks amazing! I didn't get in the alpha, but I'd love to give it a go. Is there any way to still test it?

If everything goes well from here until release, I'll be buying this for my Xbox One for sure. I think it's the only game I'll buy this year.

Edited by swhitmore

shaefurr

The leaked footage looks amazing! I didn't get in the alpha, but I'd love to give it a go. Is there any way to still test it?

If everything goes well from here until release, I'll be buying this for my Xbox One for sure. I think it's the only game I'll buy this year.

its a closed alpha and sadly the registration ended on the 30th. I only found out about it since I got an email invite. After playing the alpha though i'll buy it, hell of a lot better than bf hardline was, waste of $70 :/

DICE must like my system specs for testing, ive been in the beta for BF3, BF4, hardline, and now the alpha for battlefront. I don't believe them when they say its random :P

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

shaefurr

to answer your question, yes it works perfect with a controller, the second it detects one it changes all the prompts to A,B,X,Y,LB,RB etc. even in the menus. Im using a dualshock 4 emulating a 360 controller, it doesn't support the native dualshock 4 but its not like other games do either.

And ya BF has had garbage controller support in the past, they were definitely not designed for using one. Good to see they added decent support for one in battlefront.

Edited by shaefurr

DigiTM

to answer your question, yes it works perfect with a controller, the second it detects one it changes all the prompts to A,B,X,Y,LB,RB etc. even in the menus. Im using a dualshock 4 emulating a 360 controller, it doesn't support the native dualshock 4 but its not like other games do either.

And ya BF has had garbage controller support in the past, they were definitely not designed for using one. Good to see they added decent support for one in battlefront.

Thank you very much for testing.  I will get this game now.  I was afraid to ask on normal gaming forums, since people usually flame you saying rubbish like "if your using a controller stick to console"

• Like 1

thefirstofthe300

I can't believe a third battlefront game is actually in alpha. What are the recommended system specs? I may end up actually buying this game. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

shaefurr

I can't believe a third battlefront game is actually in alpha. What are the recommended system specs? I may end up actually buying this game. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

These are the minimum requirements for the alpha, not the finished game.

• CPU: Quad Core CPU e.g. Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.8 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
  • RAM: 6 GB
  • OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit operating system required)
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 with 2 GB of Video Memory

On my i5-4690k, 8GB RAM and GTX 960 I get about 70 FPS at 1080p high settings. 50FPS on ultra.