Emby Music Club

CBers

CBers

As suggested by @@Vicpa in a post somewhere :)

RULES:

1. THERE IS NO MUSIC CLUB

Thanks for joining.

• Like 2

Vicpa

Hi,

thanks CBers !!. I am looking forward to hearing what folks are listening to. Always like to discover new artists (for me). My collection is pretty much all over the place as like. By sheer numbers I guess I am a jazz, rock and blues guy. Latest three additions Dawes -All your Favorite Bands (indie rock), Joe Bonamassa - So, its Like That (blues) and Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell- The Traveling Kind (country). All three are pretty good, the Dawes album especially so

thefirstofthe300

So has anyone put out for the new Florence + the Machine album? I am curious to know if it is any good before I put out the $12 for it.

Vicpa

Hi @

if you mean "How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful", I like it. I don't have much to compare to. Lungs is the only other in my collection.

• Like 1

xnappo

Favorites of all time:

Bauhaus

The Cure

NIN

KMFDM

The Orb

Siouxsie

Sonic Youth

Favorites as of late:

Metric

Hospitality

Lusine

Trailer Trash Tracys

The Joy Formidable

Sleigh Bells

Widowspeak

chef

I gotta band from Canada!

www.unioncitymusic.com

We have opened for many older '90 band while they attempt some sort of comeback.

it is fun times, there is always beer in the green room :)

• Like 1

chef

Favorites of all time:

Bauhaus

The Cure

NIN

KMFDM

The Orb

Siouxsie

Sonic Youth

Favorites as of late:

Metric

Hospitality

Lusine

Trailer Trash Tracys

The Joy Formidable

Sleigh Bells

Widowspeak

Metric is band from where I live. I am good friends with the Emily Hanes brother, who owns a record shop here called Bluestreak Records. Edited by chef

xnappo

Cool!  Will check your band out :)

Edited by xnappo

Vicpa

Hi,

Ok @@chef I am now a proud owner of Union City - A Drop in the Ocean. :)  How about some fan art and Band Description? I fought my way into the site and got some, but need some more I assume your are a member of said band? If you want to remain just "chef" here no problems. A band description wouldn't give that away :P

5593dd9f101ac_unioncity.png

Thanks!!

-Vicpa

• Like 1

chef

Vicpa! Awesome man! I am looking into getting our lastFM page updated with hi resolution images, and I am getting my hands on the master copies of the album covers to make sweet 1920x1080 backdrops.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Vicpa

Hi All,

I was wondering what people do with digital booklets? I have never been able to get the ebook thing to work with pdf's. They really should be with the album anyway.

• 9 months later...
shorty1483

One of the biggest guitar players and musicians past away. The next one after David Bowie :(

• 1 year later...
Blueeyiz702

Just wanted to share a few sites that have great info,atrwork and pictures that can be used to fill in the blanks you might have on your music collection.These 2 sites have some very good info and artwork.

https://theultimatebootlegexperience7.blogspot.com   They have over 14 million page views'

https://deer5001rockconcert.blogspot.com

@@shorty1483 and one of the greats a lot people don't know or have never heard of Bassist Jaco Pastorius. Did things with a bass that where crazy.

Edited by Blueeyiz702
  • Like 1

Blueeyiz702

Found this online and Downloaded it,and all i can say is Awesome.From MTV's Live and Loud Pier 48 Seattle,Washington 12-12-1993 Its a same all these young talented

musicians ruin there lives and those of people close to them with Drugs! R.I.P. Kurt Cobain

596598b4927ea_NirvanaPoster.png

• 2 weeks later...
Blueeyiz702

59726124d7340_chesterbenningtonsuicide.j

R.I.P. Chester Bennington, Linkin Park will never be the same!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
arrbee99

Seeing as this tread is a hive of inactivity, thought I'd just point out that this is bloody brilliant -

though I'm sure you culture vultures knew all about it all ready.

• Like 2

Guest asrequested

Like it. Is pensive the right word ?

'Upbeat' definitely isn't :)

I guess that would be a word to describe it.

I found it long ago. I have an obsession with a particular song, and when searching for more variations, I was lead to that. The song I'm obsessed with, is Song To The Siren. I currently have 35 versions.

This isn't the original, but many consider it the best. It was the first version I'd heard.

This is the original

And here's another great version

Edited by Doofus

arrbee99

Thats quite a version collection. Switched back and forward between those three and still don't know which I prefer. Oh well, such is life.

I do think if I find a song I like, I generally prefer the first version I hear (except for that New Order song anyway). Don't know if you like of not, but prefer this -

which I heard first, to the original.