Details Page for Episodes

spf

I noticed this in the release notes for version 3.0.283:

"Fix details page not showing for episodes"

I have "Always Show Details" unchecked, which previously would show details for Movies but not episodes. With the latest version, however, I always get the details page. Is there a way to turn it off again just for episodes?

I noticed this in the release notes for version 3.0.283:

"Fix details page not showing for episodes"

I have "Always Show Details" unchecked, which previously would show details for Movies but not episodes. With the latest version, however, I always get the details page. Is there a way to turn it off again just for episodes?

No, that was a bug.  It is supposed to go to the details page (if there is enough information to show) when you select an item.  If you want to just directly play it, hit the play button instead.

No, that was a bug.  It is supposed to go to the details page (if there is enough information to show) when you select an item.  If you want to just directly play it, hit the play button instead.

Oh duh, I am so accustomed to using the OK button that I didn't even think about the play button. Time to unlearn years of muscle memory... :)

Thanks.

MrFlibbles

That was a bug? Could I ask what unchecking "always show details" actually does then? Previously, I would navigate to TV shows > Show > Season and have that season's episodes displayed as a list. Details of each episode are visible on the list view so going to yet another details page when selecting the episode seems pointless. This is using Square theme. This also means now that when I select a "next up" episode from the EHS it goes to the details screen instead of just playing it.

I read above that I can just hit play, but with "always show details" OFF, what should the behaviour be?

Edited by MrFlibbles

The point of the details page is access to things like actors and chapters etc.

If you select an item, that is a request for navigation (unless what you selected was an action button like 'play').  If you want to play it, use the play button.

The only exception to this is a very old behavior where, if there is not any additional information (like no metadata at all on an item), then the item will play when you select it instead of navigate to an empty details screen.  The option overrides this decision and goes to the detail screen even if the item has no metadata.

This option was created several years ago when music was first put into MB 2 and we had virtually no metadata for individual songs.  Since we have metadata on pretty much everything now, the option should probably just be removed.

• Like 2

MrFlibbles

Ah ok, I see the logic now. Thanks for taking the time to explain it Ebr.