So TV support is pretty much gone?

halphpint
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

halphpint

Just came back to Emby after a few months and after the update I see there have been radical changes. I originally paid for "Media Browser" and loved it as I ran it on my android media tank (not android TV). While the app had its ups and down, I was excited to see where it was going (TV layout...option to select media profiles for direct streaming etc...). Was shocked to see that that is all pretty much out the window now. No more settings what so ever as far as I can see. Remote support is completely gone save for up and down scrolling..no left and right to select anything, can use air mouse but that is annoying. While the interface indeed looks better and may be smoother its basically useless as a TV solution in its current form. Also many videos simply wont even play anymore..black screen...I understand I'm probably in the minority when it comes to this, as most people use it on their phones but it's still saddening. 

Yea sorry, I edited the post. The Android TV app actually has support for devices going all the way back to Android 4.2. Our website should be updated to make that more obvious.

• 1 month later...
GreenWithEmby

Actually it's better than ever. TV has been moved to dedicated apps:

http://emby.media/downloads/emby-for-android-tv/

http://emby.media/downloads/emby-for-fire-tv/

In the first link, the Android TV app runs on Android 4.2 and up, which gives us pretty good device coverage.

Hi Luke,

Does the Emby for TV app have to run on a TV or can it run on a phone and be chromecasted to the TV?

It's designed for a TV but we know that some are using it on tablets. you'll have to just try it out.