Video Playback Error

Nytemynde

Nytemynde

Alright, I was playing around with other options, and I got the email about the new build for Emby (Version 3.0.5641.4).  I loaded it up, went to my fire stick, and got the live stream to work at 30 mbps without issue.  I ran it for a few minutes, then I went to change channels, and it went right back to the video playback errors.  I then tried it on my fire TV, and it went straight to the video playback error, but it actually left a transcoding log.  So, the file ending in 4c is my fire stick run, and the one ending in 49 is my fire TV attempt.

Any thoughts?

transcode-358fcac0-e8d2-4944-bb86-05320ff39a4c.txt

transcode-e5c37366-3225-42c3-9ff9-e490def6da49.txt

Edited by Nytemynde

bmoses

i tested this out again today to see if anything had changed. mine still isn't working unless i have the max bitrate set to 5. i do think i got a different error though when trying it at a higher bitrate, it said "video playback error - server inaccessible". not sure why it said that though cause my server was accessible and everything else worked fine, plus changing the bitrate back to 5 without doing anything else got it working again.

blauter78

I am not home at the moment to confirm what versions I am using or to provide a log but this was happening to me last night on all channels. Changing the bit rate had no effect. Is this resolved for everyone else?

Nytemynde

I am not home at the moment to confirm what versions I am using or to provide a log but this was happening to me last night on all channels. Changing the bit rate had no effect. Is this resolved for everyone else?

I am still having the same issues and there does not seem to be any answers forthcoming.  I got a live feed to play one time, and then nothing after that.  I added the transcoding logs from that time, but haven't heard any thoughts from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Does it play at all and then stop randomly? or does it just not play anything?

Ok. In that case, what's happening is we are feeding the server wmc url directly to the fire tv app without it going through emby server at all. we did that because according to the media info the device should be able to play it directly. although maybe we also need to filter out interlaced content which will make it transcode again.

then i can't really answer why it won't direct play other than the player doesn't like the stream for whatever reason. maybe the player doesn't support interlaced content

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard of interlaced audio - not sure what that would be.

I'm not sure if the native Android player supports interlaced video or not.  We'd have to test it.

• 5 weeks later...

i don't know when it changed, but i am now able to set my maxbitrate to 30 and play live tv on my fire tv stick without any issues. this is on the latest beta of the server and .79a on the fire tv stick. i have VLC player turned off as it doesn't work very well on the stick so this is using the internal player for playback.

• 1 month later...
techworld

Hi guys,

I'm recently migrated from Plex to Emby.

I like the features and options that Emby has, while Plex doesn't without the Pass.

I'm having problem playing videos on my iPhone 5S.

It said 'Play Back Error."

The videos are played fine on my computer, and on Plex Media.

They're mp4 container.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
salphonso

I know this thread is a few months old but, I am getting the same error on my FireTV.  I can watch live TV on every device except the FireTV.

On the FireTV it actually plays the audio for about 3-5 seconds before giving the error message and going back to the menu.  This happens for both liveTV and recorded playback.  Directplay movies play fine if I have the VLC player enabled but they also get this error if it is not enabled.  Lowering the bitrate does not make mine work.  Also, the FireTV is wired connected to a gigabit network although I belive it's NIC is only a 10/100.

server-63591749250.txt

transcode-8a39aab9-6dc6-4f9b-b50b-8c7afccb5d07.txt

krustyreturns

This problem is with Emby right?  I need the serverwmc log to see the configuration you are running in. 

salphonso

@@krustyreturns - I am almost certain it is with Emby on FireTV because I can recreate it with my local media that is set to direct play.   Everything looks right in the serverwmc log.  It gets all the commands to get entries, get stream, etc.  

I will do some more testing tomorrow and get you the swmc log just so we have all the info and I'll recreate the problem with my local media to verify the same error appears in the Emby server log.

salphonso

It still errors out.  I tried that before I left this morning.  I'll have to do it again to see if it's a different error message in Emby Server Log but same results on the ServerWMC side and still gives video playback error.  I need to get me a dev environment built for the FireTV so I can mess with stuff and break things more while I try to fix them :)

salphonso

From what it looks like, This error seems to happen before the play stops each time.

2016-02-23 17:48:49.4835 Error DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5871.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException' was thrown.
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.<GetLiveStream>d__3f.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.BaseStreamingService.<GetState>d__2d.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.Hls.BaseHlsService.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__3f.MoveNext()

2016-02-23 17:48:49.4835 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/videos/8c225a4669a2c74d64206d820685334b/live.m3u8?DeviceId=5851e79b3e15410b&MediaSourceId=9&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac&AudioStreamIndex=-1&VideoBitrate=73435218&AudioBitrate=128000&MaxAudioChannels=2&MaxWidth=1920&MaxHeight=1080&Level=40&MaxVideoBitDepth=8&Profile=high&PlaySessionId=2d9a12dec3a740039eb25e3349cd7db0&api_key=94892522b24f411d879bbd810af80f5a&LiveStreamId=1a755974de5dc3461dc6ecae8ddec68b_b4dc767f31fd4807454a2676b13be5fd_9
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5871.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException' was thrown.
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available

2016-02-23 17:48:49.4835 Error NotFoundHttpHandler: [::ffff:192.168.1.11]:8096 Request not found: /emby/videos/8c225a4669a2c74d64206d820685334b/live.m3u8?DeviceId=5851e79b3e15410b&MediaSourceId=9&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac&AudioStreamIndex=-1&VideoBitrate=73435218&AudioBitrate=128000&MaxAudioChannels=2&MaxWidth=1920&MaxHeight=1080&Level=40&MaxVideoBitDepth=8&Profile=high&PlaySessionId=2d9a12dec3a740039eb25e3349cd7db0&api_key=94892522b24f411d879bbd810af80f5a&LiveStreamId=1a755974de5dc3461dc6ecae8ddec68b_b4dc767f31fd4807454a2676b13be5fd_9
Edited by salphonso