Video Playback Error

Nytemynde

Nytemynde

Alright, I believe I have the right logs attached, but I am running Windows 7 Home Premium with WMC, and Emby version 3.0.5621.4.  I also have a Fire TV with the Emby app, and every time I try to play live tv, it will tell me what is currently on and all of that, but everytime I try to stream the live video by hitting play, I get a message that states there is a "video playback error-failed to load video", and then I get the endless loading circle with a black screen.  The live TV function does work on my Windows Media Player on the PC.  If I can get this thing to work, I plan on becoming a lifetime supporter and all, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

server-63569668151.txt

ServerWMC.log

Edited by Nytemynde

Nytemynde

please supply the transcoding log as well, if there was one. thanks.

I am still a newb when it comes to some of this and I am having a hard time locating the intel, but where can I find the transcoding logs?

Nytemynde

I don't see any problem in the serverwmc log.

Let me ask this, are there any fairly exceedingly detailed guides you know of in dealing with the specific settings that are needed between the WMC PVR and Emby?

Nytemynde

How to Report a Problem

Transcoding logs are right alongside the server logs.

Thanks for the information on that.  Unfortunately, I don't see anything labeled as a transcoding log.  Just more logs like what I previously posted from time periods before the main one I posted.  If it helps, I also tried NextPVR and experienced a similar issue

server-63569667878.txt

server-63569668132.txt

server-63569670047.txt

Nytemynde

I also just downloaded the Emby App on my cell phone, and for some weird reason, the live TV streaming option works on it, but still not on the fire tv....

krustyreturns

Let me ask this, are there any fairly exceedingly detailed guides you know of in dealing with the specific settings that are needed between the WMC PVR and Emby?

The default settings should be all you need.  The log shows any settings that you change from the default and there is no problem there from what I see.

To answer your question though, the serverwmc wiki explains most of the settings in the gui.  But there are many many settings available in the config.xml file and there are no detailed guides for editing that.

bmoses

add me to this boat. i'm having the exact same issue, live TV won't work in the web client or my fire TV stick but will work on my phone in the android client or with just normal windows media center. and as the OP stated, i have no transcode logs when it doesn't work, it doesn't appear to get that far. also when this happens if i look at the tuners under the live TV section on the server it will list one or more instances of my attempts to watch a show on it. i have to click the reset button to free up the tuner for other use.

Nytemynde

The default settings should be all you need.  The log shows any settings that you change from the default and there is no problem there from what I see.

To answer your question though, the serverwmc wiki explains most of the settings in the gui.  But there are many many settings available in the config.xml file and there are no detailed guides for editing that.

I'll take a look, but I just find it strange that I can make this work on the android app on my phone, and even the app on my kindle fire, but for some strange reason, it just will not work on the app on my fire tv.

Nytemynde

I'll take a look, but I just find it strange that I can make this work on the android app on my phone, and even the app on my kindle fire, but for some strange reason, it just will not work on the app on my fire tv.

And some transcoding logs finally showed up.  Not sure if any of these are from when I tried to use it on my phone or not, but here they are.

transcode-1c3782ba-e2b5-466d-a427-9da505d5b507.txt

transcode-33546f10-97d7-471b-8a4d-2c9aaab7b4a5.txt

transcode-26645533-ab75-488a-b889-56e2247ad51e.txt

Nytemynde

Those are around the time I was trying the phone, then trying the fire tv app again, so they might all be from my phone attempt.  Been playing the app for about 30 minutes on my Kindle Fire and still no issues.

bmoses

i was able to sort of fix the web client part. i reinstalled the plugin for server wmc and i can get live TV to play in the web client but i have to start it and then change the streaming quality before it will start playing. i tested the fire TV stick and it doesn't work still, just giving the video play back error :( i also tested live tv to a chromecast and it didn't work there either, the screen with the spinning circle comes up for a few seconds and then it goes back to the default screen telling you to play media when you first connect to a chromecast.

Nytemynde

@@Matt -  I will give that a shot when I get home tomorrow and let you know what happened.  Thanks for the intel on that.

bmoses

just tested this out and it worked for me too. changing the max streaming to 5 on the fire tv stick allowed live tv to start playing.

Nytemynde

@@ebr @@krustyreturns @@Luke, any idea which component (Emby Server, Fire TV, ServerWMC) this could be related to? Do you think it is something unrelated to Emby/ServerWMC on our ends? Any further information you need to help diagnose? 

I can playback my movies/tv series and even recorded TV fine at 30 MB/s on Fire TV, it is only the live TV that is giving me a problem. I would like to be able to playback live TV at the higher bit rate if possible. Thanks guys - excellent work these past few months on all of the apps.

I tried with NextPVR as well, and it is the same issue.  As for the rest, I still cannot get the live tv even running through the app, and I went into the Emby app on the firetv, and set it to 5 MB/s.  I am going to try and do a factory reset on my fire tv, then do a clean install of Emby/ServerWMC, and see what happens.

bmoses

some more data to add to this. I ordered a nexus player that came in today (couldn't resist for $66 prime shipped :) ) and got it all hooked up and setup so i tested out live TV. it works fine with out me having to change the bitrate, i left everything default and it started playing with no issues. went back and tried my fire tv stick and it still won't work unless i set the max bitrate to 5mbps.

Nytemynde

What version of the app is on the Fire?

I'll have to check when I get home, but maybe side loading the Google play version might yield some better results.

I'll have to check when I get home, but maybe side loading the Google play version might yield some better results.

No, don't do that.  The Google version has Google-specific stuff in it.

If 1.0.53 doesn't impact this then this is probably not an issue with the app and rather either the server or ServerWMC.

bmoses

If 1.0.53 doesn't impact this then this is probably not an issue with the app and rather either the server or ServerWMC.

i retested after updating to this version and its still the same. Works at 5 mbps bitrate but doesn't when trying a higher bitrate.

I've only had the fire tv stick for a few weeks and initially live TV worked without having to change the bitrate, it was sometime in the past week or so that it stopped working.

. I also noticed that when I played the channel at the higher bitrate and it displayed video sans audio, a new transcode log file was not created. When stopping, changing bitrate back down to 3 Mbps and replaying the channel, a new transcode log was created.

Ok, what that tells me is that transcoding is working but direct-streaming is not.