Emby library search?

z0mbi

z0mbi

Not sure if this is posted in the right place or not... I thought long and hard about whether this should be in the Kodi forums, the emby forums, or the Artic Zephyr subforum, lol. If not, I apologize, and would appreciate a point in the right direction.

Basically, I'm using ArcticZephyr for my Kodi skin and an Emby library. I love this skin, the only thing I'm really feeling is missing is a robust search function. The Kodi native search does not seem to work with the emby library. I click on it and nothing happens. In the Hub options, I could not find a search function specific to emby in the lists. I ended up installing the app 'Global Search' and it works just fine but it is light on the features and is not graphically well presented.

So I'm looking for someone to let me know whats up, whether theres something I can do or not, etc. Is this a skin problem? or a Kodi problem? Or an emby API problem? Thanks in advance!

Angelblue05

When I was implementing the search option in our remote control section, I've noticed the search only works within your library sections (not the home menu). So let's say you have your Emby movies and Emby tv shows.... you'd have to go inside Emby movies and do the search from there, for it to pull up whatever content you are looking for. I am not sure why, but for now, that's your answer :)

• Like 1

z0mbi

Ok, mine looks like this:

CqPPEGo.png

9Hltjp5.png

Which is exactly what the Global Search app looks like. I guess I was expecting a bit more... functionality? Like, seeing box art and stuff like that, or actor portraits, etc.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah the search display is limited. I guess it's too allow it to load very quickly, regardless of the amount of content found with the search.

• Like 1

z0mbi

Ok. I guess I was initially confused... I think what might have happened was I deleted the 'search' function from the Movie Hub and then was unable to find it in the lists and re-add it.

You'll have to forgive me, my brain is mush :P I'm running two different Kodi's on two different machines, and going back and forth updating and configuring one, then the other... blah!

Also, I keep forgetting about the search feature on the iOS app, which is my families primary source of control. Problem is, I think, it's kind of difficult to find if you're used to using the iOS remote purely as a digital replacement for a physical remote and never use any of the library features. Would be nice if the remote itself had an icon on it for search.

Thank you for your help, once again!

• Like 1

Angelblue05

If you are using the web client remote, there is the option to search under Controls. Then you can type in whatever you need with the use of the Advanced tab > Enter text.

• Like 1

z0mbi

If you are using the web client remote, there is the option to search under Controls. Then you can type in whatever you need with the use of the Advanced tab > Enter text.

No, using the iOS remote. There is a nice robust search feature on it, but it's kind of hidden. I havent tried using the web client remote on an iPhone, I'll give it a shot.