OneDrive 401 error

AxelAxel3

AxelAxel3

Hey,

Started trying to use the OneDrive Sync plugin and so far I have not had any luck. I am sure it is something I am doing since everyone else has got it to work right. But when I attempt to sync something, I get the following error every couple hours:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized
I have deleted the account and tried it a second time and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Server version: 3.0.5621.4

Plugin Version: 3.0.5629.31460

I have a OneDrive Client ID, OneDrive Client Secret, and that last long code on the last step.

Any ideas?

I have a log file on onedrive I can share if needed.. I just don't like publishing them since it has sensitive data.

Edited by alexander7567

icthusman1

I have not seen this error. I get (500) Internal Server Error errors all day long though. It sounds like you must have some permission issue missing. Sadly, I can't be of any help to you. Sorry.

hamstercat

You can send me the log through a PM if you don't want to post it here, I'll have a look after I'm done fixing the other problems that were reported.

AxelAxel3

You can send me the log through a PM if you don't want to post it here, I'll have a look after I'm done fixing the other problems that were reported.

PM sent. Thanks!

hamstercat

Do you get that message directly in the web client? I can't seem to find any unauthorized error when calling the OneDrive API in the log you sent me. I do see call to it though and they looked fine, so your client id and secret are working.

Maybe the error is with the playback of the file, did the file sync correctly or it stays to "Ready to transfer"?

AxelAxel3

I get it in the notifications and the file never uploads. I think it sends the file, cause it will go for a long time before I get the error.

AxelAxel3

No, it says transferring. I have noticed that my internet connection slows down during that time, so it is actually transferring. but at the end, I get that 401 error.

Sean Forester

I am experiencing the same thing. It begins to transfer, and then after ~1 hour 50 minutes it gives me the error. I have had no issues syncing smaller files (tv shows, shorter movies), but any of the longer movies return this error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

SilentAssassin

I had the exact same issue when trying it out. Wasn't too bothered as I was only testing to see whether online sync would be of any use and had Google sync working as well.

Funny thing about it is if you browse your OneDrive you will see that the folder structure has been created so Emby server has the permissions to write to OneDrive.

AxelAxel3

Yes I too confirm the folders are created. And I can confirm that a small 12mb file shows up as expected, but it's the movie that fails.

hamstercat

The upload is done in mini chunks with one final commit at the end, with what you're describing it seems like the commit is the part that fails. I have an idea, I'll test something and upload a new version when I have a bit of time.

• Like 1

Sean Forester

Keep up the great work, Hamstercat! I've been looking forward to the OneDrive plugin since they first announced the cloud sync function.

yuny14u

Thanks for all the hard work. I been using the Onedrive plugin and I get the same errors. Even though the files eventually get sync, now when i try to sync again for new movies it trying to re-sync movies that already in onedrive. 

hamstercat

I've uploaded a new version with a lot more logging, if you have time try to reproduce the error and send me the log again. Hopefully with the logging I'll be able to tell what's happening.

• Like 1

AxelAxel3

I've uploaded a new version with a lot more logging, if you have time try to reproduce the error and send me the log again. Hopefully with the logging I'll be able to tell what's happening.

Okay thanks, I will try and do this first thing tomorrow.

hamstercat

Also, enable debug logging under Advanced settings before running the sync.

AxelAxel3

I have PMed you my new logs.. There is plenty of goodies (errors) in there for you. I did enable debug logging for you! Let me know if you need anything else. 

hamstercat

Found what it was with your latest log, uploading a new version sometime tonight or tomorrow after I've tested it.

• Like 2

AxelAxel3

Found what it was with your latest log, uploading a new version sometime tonight or tomorrow after I've tested it.

I've tried it and I seem to still be getting the same error and still no video file showing on OneDrive. I have uploaded new log files at the same link I sent you.

I mean I got a new version today... I am assuming that's the one you was talking about right?

Edited by alexander7567

yuny14utv2

So my experience with onedrive plugin. I have 150 mkv movies i wanted uploaded to the onedrive for roku. I set the baseline to convert for roku. Converted all movies, but when it uploads it fails every 3 to 5 movies. So i kept manually pushing to sync and eventually i had 85 movies uploaded. 

Then i saw there was new update for onedrive. I updated the plugin, now i cant manually sync the rest of the movies. It fails in 3 seconds, and to make it worst the movies that were converted and uploaded to ondrive. Are now being converted again.

I dont think it should convert movies that were already converted and uploaded to the onedrive.

• 2 weeks later...
hamstercat

I can't seem to access the latest logs you uploaded, I'm getting an error saying "This item might not exist or is no longer available". I'm getting the same error with someone else trying to share stuff with me, not sure if it's a OneDrive thing (that would be ironic  ;) ).