Cleaning Metadata

Loondawg

Loondawg

Hi,

I'm a newbie with this so I hope I'm not asking for something that already exists, but I was wondering if there is a utility or functionality that will clean up my metadata.

I was doing some file reorganization and wasn't paying enough attention. So I moved and renamed a ton of media files but didn't get the corresponding metadata files. So now I am left with a bunch of jpg, png, xml, and nfo files that are no longer associated with media files or are in directories where the media no longer resides.

So I was wondering if there is something that will go through all my designated library directories and purge all the metadata files that are no longer needed because the media file was moved or renamed. Emby has created new metadata files for the renamed/moved media. But I'm trying to figure out a way to get rid off all the stuff I left lying around without having to do it manually.

Again, sorry if this is something that's commonly known. But I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer (that I understood). But I figure this is something other people probably run into before.

Thanks,

Edited by Loondawg
  • Like 2