Chromecast not playing

meeok2

ramrod215

I have the Chromecast 2.0 connected via 5gz band AC and i also get the not disconnecting bug. I am chalking it up to an old android verison will test with 5.0 in a week when the nexus shows up. 

Feature request (prob wrong section): A notification widget like logitech harmory/google music one. Without having to pop back in the app to pause or resume playback. 

Amazing work with the app so far and thank you for spending your free time making it great!

I have the Chromecast 2.0 connected via 5gz band AC and i also get the not disconnecting bug. I am chalking it up to an old android verison will test with 5.0 in a week when the nexus shows up. 

Feature request (prob wrong section): A notification widget like logitech harmory/google music one. Without having to pop back in the app to pause or resume playback. 

Amazing work with the app so far and thank you for spending your free time making it great!

There is already notification bar control for Chromecast and any remote control client, but currently only if you're running android 5.0+.

• Like 1

ramrod215

Awesome can't wait till I get my nexus 5x to use it. Currently running with a iPhone 6s so I keep my old phone (droid maxx) on the couch for playing with chromecast/Android app. Normally I stick with the roku 3 for being the best non-pc viewing of emby (due to being hardlined and direct streaming). Awaiting the drop of the new emby theater!

• 3 weeks later...
AxelAxel3

My phone still absolutely doesn't do anything to Chromecast other than play it. I can't pause it from the app, the notification drawer, can't use any volume controls, and I can't even stop it without casting over it or rebooting Chromecast. When I hit home and go back to the app, emby acts like nothing is playing, not connected to Chromecast, and the notification goes away.

App: 2.4.30

Server: 3.0.5724.6

Any update one this? Still having all the issues listed...

techbullies

downloaded the Android App on my S6 Last night and was able to cast from my Server to Chromecast fine

today. i hit play and it just sits there on chromecast (emby casting screen)

factory reset chromecast

restarted my server (emby software and physical server)

restarted my router/network

Verified Chromecast DOES work from every other source, just not Emby

no use it keeps just sitting there.

• 3 years later...
Econaut

This still very much a bug. I've been able to Chromecast 1 in 30 times at best.

Is there any reliable solution to this? I've already rebooted and updated everything.

This still very much a bug. I've been able to Chromecast 1 in 30 times at best.

Is there any reliable solution to this? I've already rebooted and updated everything.

Hi there, can you please describe what happens? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Econaut

Hi there, can you please describe what happens? Thanks.

In short, not much.

I go to cast and it looks like it's going to but then instead of playing, it removes the media playback/chromecast bar and I'm just where I started.

After some more reading, it seems like this might be the chromecast not accepting my self signed cert (and HTTPS is forced in emby). Last time I tried to use Let's Encrypt which everyone says is easy, it was an abysmal failure and didn't work.

Is there a good/updated guide that makes it easy and doesn't require having some web server?

Edited by Xen0sys

In short, not much.

I go to cast and it looks like it's going to but then instead of playing, it removes the media playback/chromecast bar and I'm just where I started.

After some more reading, it seems like this might be the chromecast not accepting my self signed cert (and HTTPS is forced in emby). Last time I tried to use Let's Encrypt which everyone says is easy, it was an abysmal failure and didn't work.

Is there a good/updated guide that makes it easy and doesn't require having some web server?

Yes most likely Chromecast does not trust the certificate. If you want to use https, you'll need to use one that your Chromecast receiver will trust.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Econaut

Frankly, I gave up because it's way too difficult to set up a certificate that could be trusted. Plex just works  :(

Edited by Xen0sys

Frankly, I gave up because it's way too difficult to set up a certificate that could be trusted. Plex just works  :(

Well they create a domain name of their own that resolves to your personal ip address, so I guess you can go that route if that's OK with you. Alternatively you could still use Emby and do one of the following:

• Use the web app on localhost
  • Use the emby android app
  • Use the emby iOS app