Subtitles

justpig

xnappo

Ok - in that case can you set it up with direct paths and then post your video db somewhere?

xnappo

Everything in that DB is still pointing to the plugin path.  Are you sure you selected 'Use direct paths' and then reset the DB?

xnappo

FlyGuy94

Do you mean "Use local paths instead of addon redirect for playback"? If so then yes did it 3 times and also reset the DB every time.

xnappo

When you reset the db you said 'NO' to reset all setting right?  Otherwise it will reset the 'Use local paths' setting!

xnappo

@@FlyGuy94

Okay - try this - do a db reset, then close Kodi.  MANUALLY go and rename MyVideos90.db to MyVideos90.old and then restart Kodi.

Angelblue05

You need to enable the Direct path settings before resetting your database - If you use the reset database via the add-on settings, then make sure you press Ok after switching the direct path otherwise I believe Kodi will just revert the setting. @@xnappo the only thing I can think of is the setting wasn't enabled beforehand. I have just tested on my side, switching between plugin and direct path and everything is working correctly so I'm not sure.

Edited by Angelblue05

FlyGuy94

@@xnappo @@Angelblue05

nope sorry that didn't help either. Did everything as instructed in the right order.

I'm still confused what the option actually does and what is happening. To my understanding it tells kodi to use the local storage on the sd-card but with symbolic links to the media folders. So when it tries to access it kodi can see the entire folder and the files in them. Is this correct? So the problem is that the symbolic links aren't being picked up by kodi cause it doesn't find my files?

Angelblue05

The option replaces the path (plugin://plugin.video.emby/) with the actual network path that points to where Kodi can find your content (network path smb://) So Kodi does it's thing, looks into the directories and will find your external subtitles files. Can you click on videos > files > Add videos.... Then select smb and navigate to where your content is. Does it ask you for a username and password to access at some point? Let me know.

Angelblue05

Ok that's good. If you press info or "i" on an item or context menu > information, what does it indicate as path for the item?

Angelblue05

Well that's different because you don't have smb protocol attached to your paths. If they looked like smb://media/movies then Kodi would find it because that's what we validated.

However your paths are nfs? I'm not familiar so I'll let someone jump in to assist you in setting them correctly so Kodi recognize them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyGuy94

This is what i did. I dont know if its correct but it didn't work unfortunately

<advancedsettings>
 <pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>SMB://192.168.0.10/Video/</from>
    <to>/media/</to>
  </substitute>
 </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

xnappo

I think you might need the opposite.. Anyway I don't know anything about NFS either.

@@im85288 - do SRT subs work for you?  You using NFS?

• Like 1