Trailer Issues

gjviii

Yesterday I installed the trailer plug in and let it run overnight.  This morning while browsing through some folders I noticed it appears to have downloaded trailers many many times.  Has anyone seen this or know what I did to make this happen? 

post-30-0-85794600-1384881314_thumb.png

Looks like it only happened in about 20 or so movies of about 500ish.  I'll clean up those folders and manually refresh it and see what happens

Thank you

JustEric78

I just got everything setup and fixed some minor issues and started looking around and have discovered the same thing. I thought it odd it kept popping up and saying such and such added as I was working today over and over for the same titles. I will see if any of them have anything in common if I can figure it out. 

JustEric78

Looks like from what I see right now that MCM has created a trailers folder with a trailer in it but has also put the trailer in the root of the movies folder. Perhaps it has something to do with having trailers in both locations?

oh yea, who saved trailer.avi? 

in order for us to ignore it as a trailer, it needs to be {movie}-trailer.avi

so in that screenshot it thinks the trailer is a separate movie, so it starts getting backdrops for it, and a trailer for it. and then it just keeps repeating.

Here is what was in one of the folders before I did the scan on the 18th.  I originally thought it happened because of the trailer.avi file that there, but a few other folders have one as well and nothing was duplicated

post-30-0-18576300-1384894788_thumb.jpg

it doesn't appear that anything out of the ordinary is happening.  At first I thought it was because I may already have had a trailer file located in the folder but others have it as well and they didn't duplicate

only that movie or for others? it's happening once in a while. it's been rare enough to make it difficult to hunt down

"So in that screenshot it thinks the trailer is a separate movie, so it starts getting backdrops for it, and a trailer for it. and it just keeps repeating"

That was my initial thought, but I have a lot of folders with the trailer.avi file in them that it didn't happen to

JustEric78

Just tested this on one of the movies. I deleted everything MB3 created and then also created the second trailer outside of the trailer folder. It recreated all of the files and did not download a new trailer or repeat the trailer over and over. Perhaps Devs can create a rule that if it is called trailer.* that it treats it as a movie-trailer.* that would probably solve the problem. 

I have some with the trailer in the subfolder as well and had no issues with them . I honestly don't remember how/where I got the trailer.avi files in the folder in the first place.  I'm in the process of pulling them out and throwing them in a sub folder  

johnchimpo

Just tested this on one of the movies. I deleted everything MB3 created and then also created the second trailer outside of the trailer folder. It recreated all of the files and did not download a new trailer or repeat the trailer over and over. Perhaps Devs can create a rule that if it is called trailer.* that it treats it as a movie-trailer.* that would probably solve the problem. 

Or, alternatively, set a limit to the number of successful trailer downloads or trailers within a folder. Could be overridden.

You just need to review our supported conventions in the wiki. If you do something that we don't indicate support for, you can expect issues like that. If you want a convention that we don't already support, then request it.

JustEric78

It was not intended and really I had not idea MCM had even done it. The stupid thing was supposed to create the -trailer but instead put them in a trailer folder and left the originally downloaded trailer in the folder with the movie. As the above person said it was not on any of them so it would appear it was just MCM messing up on deleting the trailer from the root of the movie folder. I have cleared mine up. 

well we do support a trailer subfolder with the trailer inside. check the wiki. two different ways to do trailers.