Feature request MBT force aspect ratio

Popeye2468

Popeye2468

Ok loving media browser theatre but was wondering if it would be possible to add an aspect ratio feature

What I'm talking about is with windows media center you can select the aspect ratio by pressing the I button on the remote. I always found this a hassle so was wondering if it's possible to add say a setting in MBT where you could select an aspect ratio which would be forced

I have some video files in 16:9 but I also have a lot that are in 4:3 I want to be able to watch the files that are in 4:3 in 16:9 format without the hassle of changing it each time.

I know this can be done with Vlc media player but I don't like having extra programs on my machine would like to be able to do it all from MBT

Thanks

• Like 3

I believe this would be a great addition also.

I'm also hoping that the option to change aspect is included in the video OSD. Any change made there by the user should be saved and recalled again with saved settings when watching that video again.

CloudVader

I wanted to avoid chiming in on feature requests this early in the game since the devs likely have their hands full, but just in case this gets some notice I too would really love some aspect/zoom modes capability on the player if this is feasible. Especially a zoom mode for non-anamorphic widescreen content, because there are still many DVDs out there that I own that have non-anamorphic widescreen transfers and haven't made it to a 16:9 HD/Blu-ray source yet.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

The Emby web app will have aspect ratio adjustment in the video player in the upcoming Emby Server 4.3 release. Thanks.